Best Case Scenario With IS

TheReal_ND

Re: Best Case Scenario With IS

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:21 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I think Trump will fuck us possibly regarding our "war on terror." I think he may perpetuate it.
While I appreciate your change of heart here - honestly, how did this just occur to you?
This was something always on the table Trump or not. Not why I supported him. I support immigration reform.

The rest of this thread is just... can't even into right now.

Otern

Post by Otern » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:37 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Otern wrote:
12 flattened Berliners, I can live with that.

I cannot. They need to GTFO.
Gungrabber mentality.

"Oh no, someone shot up a school, we need gun control now".

Also, I'm totally for an extremely restrictive immigration policy, but terrorism is the least of our worries when it comes to immigration.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:11 am

Otern wrote:
Otern wrote:
12 flattened Berliners, I can live with that.

Gungrabber mentality.

Also, I'm totally for an extremely restrictive immigration policy, but terrorism is the least of our worries when it comes to immigration.

Shitty Analogy.

The problem with gun grabber mentality lies in the fact that guns do not possess agency. If you want to reduce gun violence, then you should address the people who perpetrate gun violence.

Likewise.. if you want to address terrorism, you ought to address the people who keep committing terrorism.. :idea:

Otern

Post by Otern » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:19 am

Otern wrote:

Gungrabber mentality.

Shitty Analogy.

The problem with gun grabber mentality lies in the fact that guns do not possess agency. If you want to reduce gun violence, then you should address the people who perpetrate gun violence.

Likewise.. if you want to address terrorism, you ought to address the people who keep committing terrorism.. :idea:

"Oh no, a male shot up a school, we need to put all males through a pacifism program to curb their natural instinct towards violence."

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:25 am

Otern wrote:
Otern wrote:
Gungrabber mentality.

Shitty Analogy.

"Oh no, a male shot up a school, we need to put all males through a pacifism program to curb their natural instinct towards violence."

More shitty analogy.

Is there something about being a male that causes somebody to want to shoot up a school, or perhaps it has something to do with mental health and other factors.. Hmm..

But if I really did believe something about being male causes shootings, I wouldn't have a problem with trying to develop social programs to combat it. I just happen to think the premise you stated was a silly straw man and a shitty analogy.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:48 am

I am sure that the owner and all the employees at the Kurdish pizza/kebab joint down the street, and which has been here for more than a decade are just itching for a restoration of the caliphate. That none of them have beards or women who wear hijab is just a clever ruse.. :roll:

And going after "the people who perpetrate gun violence" should be just that. Aimed at the actual, specific individuals who do that. Anything else is a gross and immoral perversion of justice. It's an absurdly collectivist way thinking.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:51 am

Not so StA, if you think treating all refugees as terrorists and closing the borders is the only answer then it is the perfect analogy. You seem able to factor in mental illness as a cause of mass shootings but all acts of terror are perpetrated by evil men from a religion of rape and violence. Total hypocrisy.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:52 am

BjornP wrote:I am sure that the owner and all the employees at the Kurdish pizza/kebab joint down the street, and which has been here for more than a decade are just itching for a restoration of the caliphate. That none of them have beards or women who wear hijab is just a clever ruse.. :roll:

And going after "the people who perpetrate gun violence" should be just that. Aimed at the actual, specific individuals who do that. Anything else is a gross and immoral perversion of justice. It's an absurdly collectivist way thinking.

I don't really give a shit any longer.

Otern

Post by Otern » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 am

Montegriffo wrote:Not so StO, if you think treating all refugees as terrorists and closing the borders is the only answer then it is the perfect analogy. You seem able to factor in mental illness as a cause of mass shootings but all acts of terror are perpetrated by evil men from a religion of rape and violence. Total hypocrisy.
Oh, closing the borders and massively decreasing immigration from muslim countries is a great idea. But not because of terrorism.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:01 am

Speaker to Animals wrote: I don't really give a shit any longer.
Don't worry. Never took your half-baked opinions on Europe serious when you did. :P Some day you might visit Europe and be shocked that it's not run by rapefugee Muslims or SJW leftists. Untill then, feel free to fantasize some more about the fall of civilisation.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.