Best Case Scenario With IS

TheReal_ND

Best Case Scenario With IS

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:39 am

I think Trump will fuck us possibly regarding our "war on terror." I think he may perpetuate it.

I maintain the best case scenario is cutting off Islamic immigration from the more dangerous areas of the world they inhabit. I propose that as a start but not necessarily an end either. I believe that if we can control our immigration to secure our safety we wouldn't need to have endless wars and let's be real, we didn't need them to begin with.

We're getting the worst of it. We have to take the refugees from wars that we didn't even need to wage. Our veterans are getting crap treatment at VA hospitals from coincidentally often times Veitnamese nationals. This is sci-fi levels of dystopia. Let's try something new. Control ALL immigration. Eschew war. If we need cheap labor so much than what are we going to do with them when they are replaced by AI? Which is it? Do we need cheap labor or are we being replaced by machines? Let's not replace our nations and our peoples with people that don't even want to assimilate and literally can't anymore.

Stop the madness. World Peace 2016.

TheReal_ND

Re: Best Case Scenario With IS

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:13 am

Sad bump

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:22 am

Ok I'll bite.
Increased isolation and persecution of minorities is not the way to get world peace. An understanding of the base causes of the 60 years of conflict in the ME with more pressure put on countries like Saudi Arabia and Israel to behave like decent human beings would be a good start.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

3knuckleshuffle

Post by 3knuckleshuffle » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:48 am

There has to be a better way to control immigration without being descriminitory though right? I think we can all agree that some immigration is a good thing, if not a requirement for our modern economy to function. Maybe set up some sort of point system that determines where you land on the last and what hoops you have to jump through to get in. Shortage of primary care doctors in Maine? +15 points if you are a doctor and are willing to agree to work in Maine for 3 years or something like that. Refugee from Syria? +5 points if you are willing to submit to a background check/lie detector test or whatever. If not, no problem, but you don't get the "refugee" points that will put you higher on the list, and just have to go through the normal process. Probably lots of holes in this idea, but it seems like this debate always boils down to "let everyone in because their lives aren't as good as ours" or "don't let anyone in because we don't need them".

Otern

Post by Otern » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:37 am

I think we're living in somewhat of a best case scenario now. The west is keeping its Syrian meddling to a minimum, immigration all over Europe has been restricted as a result of terrorism, and borders start acting like borders again.

12 flattened Berliners, I can live with that. More Germans will die by choking on their Christmas dinner. And sure, the terrorism will continue, but at worst Europe and America will lose less than a 1000 people altogether each year. Maybe even less than a 100 each year.

Terrorism is flashy, gets a lot of clicks, and looks like a much larger problem than what it is.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:50 am

Otern wrote: 12 flattened Berliners, I can live with that. More Germans will die by choking on their Christmas dinner. And sure, the terrorism will continue, but at worst Europe and America will lose less than a 1000 people altogether each year. Maybe even less than a 100 each year.

Terrorism is flashy, gets a lot of clicks, and looks like a much larger problem than what it is.
Yup. The comparison, especially for Americans, is how mass/school shootings are frequently touted as THE justification to ban all sorts of guns, ignoring that school shootings are, statistically, nothing more than a blip on the radar. Often susceptibility to dramatics, not reason, seems to guide policy-making.

Also, on the topic of the recent migration waves to Europe:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... -countries
In a report released Friday, the IOM says it assisted more than 51,000 people leaving host countries, most of them leaving Europe, in the first six months of 2016. By comparison, the organization helped about 69,000 people in all of 2015.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:22 am

TheReal_ND wrote: We're getting the worst of it.
Your not getting the worst of it if we look at the West in general.

And in the World Lebanon is getting worst of it. It has barely recovered if all from a long bloody civil war and it's used as a turf for others wars. First was the Palestinian refugee who created such a mess that when Israeli tanks rolled into Lebanon to push out the PLO, people were literally standing next to the road and clapping hands. Well, that didn't last long. Now there are over 1 million new Syrian refugees in the country.

Hence now Lebanon has a population of 5,8 million people of whom actual Lebanese are only 4,3 million. Hence every fourth person in the country is either a Palestinian or a Syria refugee. With every fourth person being a refugee, that truly means trouble in the long run as likely Assad has no intention of wanting the Sunni refugees back (and vice versa).

The US has now about 12 000 Syrian refugees.
Last edited by ssu on Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:25 am

BjornP wrote:
Otern wrote: 12 flattened Berliners, I can live with that. More Germans will die by choking on their Christmas dinner. And sure, the terrorism will continue, but at worst Europe and America will lose less than a 1000 people altogether each year. Maybe even less than a 100 each year.

Yup. The comparison, especially for Americans, is how mass/school shootings are frequently touted as THE justification to ban all sorts of guns, ignoring that school shootings are, statistically, nothing more than a blip on the radar. Often susceptibility to dramatics, not reason, seems to guide policy-making.

Also, on the topic of the recent migration waves to Europe:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... -countries
In a report released Friday, the IOM says it assisted more than 51,000 people leaving host countries, most of them leaving Europe, in the first six months of 2016. By comparison, the organization helped about 69,000 people in all of 2015.
The big news here is that the terrorist was an asylum seeker. That will sink in. I do see that views will harden in Germany.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:34 am

TheReal_ND wrote:I think Trump will fuck us possibly regarding our "war on terror." I think he may perpetuate it.
While I appreciate your change of heart here - honestly, how did this just occur to you?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:35 am

Otern wrote:
12 flattened Berliners, I can live with that.

I cannot. They need to GTFO.