Singing Beach Boys at College is Sexual Misconduct

Okeefenokee

Re: Singing Beach Boys at College is Sexual Misconduct

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:13 pm

Fife wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote: It has 100% everything to do with Capitalism.

Service provided for a fee that results in profit for multiple people
Except for the government subsidized loans for everyone.
Wait, what? Education is a welfare program? Who knew?
and Pell Grants.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Yes, too bad what you are describing has nothing to do capitalism.
It has 100% everything to do with Capitalism.

And what profit? They are nonprofits. No one has shares of Harvard or Yale, if they did, oh boy. They might as well be named Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac University. You dirty ass libs getting all panties in a bunch about Trump U but newsflash they are all that way.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:47 pm

clubgop wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote: It has 100% everything to do with Capitalism.

And what profit? They are nonprofits. No one has shares of Harvard or Yale, if they did, oh boy. They might as well be named Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac University. You dirty ass libs getting all panties in a bunch about Trump U but newsflash they are all that way.
They are 'nonprofit', but...
https://www.quora.com/Which-company-own ... University
The Harvard Corporation" is a colloquial name for the President and Fellows of Harvard College, so established. Those seven people [2] are members of the corporation, so they function akin to shareholders as well as directors. You can't buy a share; the only way to become a member is to be elected by the existing members when a vacancy exists.

[1] Incredibly, the legislature is still officially called the "General Court", as anyone who's voted in Massachusetts elections knows because that's what it says on the ballots. For this reason, what any other state would call the supreme court is called the "Supreme Judicial Court".

[2] Increasing to 13 soon -- last spring Harvard and the General Court made the first major amendment to the charter in 361 years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale_Univ ... ganization
The President and Fellows of Yale College, also known as the Yale Corporation, is the governing board of the University.

Yale's former president Richard C. Levin was, at the time, one of the highest paid university presidents in the United States with a 2008 salary of $1.5 million.[74]
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:00 pm

SilverEagle wrote:College by in large needs to die off. The useful material of a typical 4 year degree can be taught in about a year.

Depends on which college and major.

PoliSci gender studies......easily yes.

CompeSci/E, EE, Chem B/P.....no.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:05 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:College by in large needs to die off. The useful material of a typical 4 year degree can be taught in about a year.

Depends on which college and major.

PoliSci gender studies......easily yes.

CompeSci/E, EE, Chem B/P.....no.
STEM trade school?

The point of the University is higher learning and to create knowledge for our civilization. Most disciplines, especially those that have been around for centuries, are valid and needed for a small amount of people

College shouldn't be for the majority of people, it should be for the best and brightest to advance learning for the advancement of Western Civilization. The rest of us dumb plebes need to be taught a trade or skill or just go directly into unskilled labor.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:20 pm

California wrote: STEM trade school?

The point of the University is higher learning and to create knowledge for our civilization....

I guarantee a true ComeSci (the Engineering accredited kind as opposed some code monkey) knows more about philosophy than most English majors...True CompSci is more than just learning to code or how to network systems...

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:51 pm

you can change your name?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:00 pm

Martin can. He offered to liberate my old handle but I declined.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:18 pm

In the fight for a free America, Universities are the biggest threat. They are staffed by "educated" ideologues whom are dependent on "research grants" and federal pell grants hence they are sold out 100% to promote the Federal govt.

What makes them most difficult though is they bring a great deal of benefits for the communities they exist in. They are like little spigots of Federal tax money.

Faculties of Universities are the most incestuous you'll find outside the govt.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:What if..

Given that most universities put lectures online for free now, why not create some kind of organization that performs testing on courses that can get accreditation.

You don't have to deliver the classes. You need only test competence.
If someone walked in to my office with a degree from University of Phoenix and another with a degree from UK, their hiring would be 100% based on how they interviewed. (in accounting profession it is easy to ask basic dr/cr and GL questions to show someones knowledge)
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama