The Journalo Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: The Journalo Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Didn't any of you ever have grandparents who'd point somewhere and say, "all this used to be trees"? Things change. The people in my sleepy little town have been seeing change occur since my dad was little and they first got telephones and televisions. High speed internet came in about ten years ago.

You improve and improve and improve an area for long enough, and wouldn't ya know it, the property values start to go up.

Since the thread is supposed to be about journalos, check out TFC if you haven't already.

http://www.wethefifth.com/
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:12 pm

mydogjesse wrote:The craziest thing of all is the teardown, where someone buys a house in an expensive town for around $600K, tears the house down and builds a million + house. The next town over has subsidized housing as well, but the middle class can't pay the property taxes on houses they've owned forever.
There is of course an answer to this,

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:23 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
mydogjesse wrote:The craziest thing of all is the teardown, where someone buys a house in an expensive town for around $600K, tears the house down and builds a million + house. The next town over has subsidized housing as well, but the middle class can't pay the property taxes on houses they've owned forever.

I've been laughing at these all night. :D

Sorry, I'll stop hijacking the thread.
:royalty-queen:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:30 pm

mydogjesse wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

I'm going to run out of them if I can't learn to ration myself.......
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:47 pm

Xenophon wrote:I was thinking we needed a place to chronicle media hyperbole and hypocrisy. I'll start with Keith Olbermann, ranting about how the election of Trump is the end of the Republic.
I used to like this guy!

Is this the hyperbole of The Left? Well, if they take up arms, I know which side I'll be on.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:49 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:59 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
mydogjesse wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

I'm going to run out of them if I can't learn to ration myself.......
Goddammit man. Slow down! You're burning through the stash!
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:16 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Didn't any of you ever have grandparents who'd point somewhere and say, "all this used to be trees"? Things change. The people in my sleepy little town have been seeing change occur since my dad was little and they first got telephones and televisions. High speed internet came in about ten years ago.

You improve and improve and improve an area for long enough, and wouldn't ya know it, the property values start to go up.

Since the thread is supposed to be about journalos, check out TFC if you haven't already.

That's how its supposed to work, we're living in bubbles here that come from overvaluation and people treating real estate as a stock market
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:39 am

AndrewBennett wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Didn't any of you ever have grandparents who'd point somewhere and say, "all this used to be trees"? Things change. The people in my sleepy little town have been seeing change occur since my dad was little and they first got telephones and televisions. High speed internet came in about ten years ago.

That's how its supposed to work, we're living in bubbles here that come from overvaluation and people treating real estate as a stock market
People need to realize that the artificial value of inflated property in places like Cali and NYC cuts both ways. You can take part in it, and if you're fortunate, make money, but you have to realize it's a gamble and a charade. Get out to someplace more reasonable if you want your investment to be in something real. That's what the real in real estate means.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:18 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:

People need to realize that the artificial value of inflated property in places like Cali and NYC cuts both ways. You can take part in it, and if you're fortunate, make money, but you have to realize it's a gamble and a charade. Get out to someplace more reasonable if you want your investment to be in something real. That's what the real in real estate means.
I don't care about investments, I care about living in my own home.

Part of it is my own fault for choosing a career that has to be in a large media market, but that doesn't mean I have to like the speculation bubbles. Especially since we saw what they can do when they pop just ten years ago.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session