The Journalo Thread

Xenophon

The Journalo Thread

Post by Xenophon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:44 am

I was thinking we needed a place to chronicle media hyperbole and hypocrisy. I'll start with Keith Olbermann, ranting about how the election of Trump is the end of the Republic.

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Journalo Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:55 am

It is, but not because of Russia. That's just a boogyman to distract from our own utter failure as a society.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:27 am

Harsh...

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:44 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:It is, but not because of Russia. That's just a boogyman to distract from our own utter failure as a society.
Care to elaborate?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:49 am

Xenophon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:It is, but not because of Russia. That's just a boogyman to distract from our own utter failure as a society.
Care to elaborate?
I mean that we are, in fact, witnessing the end of the Republic. But blaming it on Russia is similar to blaming the Fall of Rome on the Gauls. Sure, they pushed over the last little pile of ashes, but the whole thing was finished long before that.

Our society is completely imploded at this point - given over totally to corporate/special interests. People are being poisoned via tap water in massive numbers, earthquakes abound throughout the shale fields, mcDonalds continues to push their filth into kids, air pollution is treated as a Free Market issue, and on and on. Everything is for profit, no one is responsible, nothing else matters.

Make no mistake, this society is ending, and it's only going to get worse. Russia? Some pissant dictator on the other side of the planet. Give me a fucking break.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:52 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Xenophon wrote:
Care to elaborate?
I mean that we are, in fact, witnessing the end of the Republic. But blaming it on Russia is similar to blaming the Fall of Rome on the Gauls. Sure, they pushed over the last little pile of ashes, but the whole thing was finished long before that.

Our society is completely imploded at this point - given over totally to corporate/special interests. People are being poisoned via tap water in massive numbers, earthquakes abound throughout the shale fields, mcDonalds continues to push their filth into kids, air pollution is treated as a Free Market issue, and on and on. Everything is for profit, no one is responsible, nothing else matters.

Make no mistake, this society is ending, and it's only going to get worse. Russia? Some pissant dictator on the other side of the planet. Give me a fucking break.
Wow. That's some hyperbole right thur, boy.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:53 am

Xenophon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Xenophon wrote: Care to elaborate?

Wow. That's some hyperbole right thur, boy.
I don't see anything hyperbolic about it... all of these things are documented facts, accepted as 'normal' by the vast majority of Americans...

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:56 am

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:06 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I don't see anything hyperbolic about it... all of these things are documented facts, accepted as 'normal' by the vast majority of Americans...
Nihilism isn't so bad, once you get used to it. Just make sure to never have kids, prop up a lawn chair, crack open a six-pack of ice-cold brewskys, and kick back and enjoy our front-row seats to The End of Civilization As We Know It.
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:17 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I don't see anything hyperbolic about it... all of these things are documented facts, accepted as 'normal' by the vast majority of Americans...
Nihilism isn't so bad, once you get used to it. Just make sure to never have kids, prop up a lawn chair, crack open a six-pack of ice-cold brewskys, and kick back and enjoy our front-row seats to The End of Civilization As We Know It.
Yeah, I did have a kid tho. It's hard to face reality, when someone you love is just walking into it, with an open heart. :(

Formerly GrumpyCatFace