The not that bad guy and society.

Okeefenokee

Re: The not that bad guy and society.

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:24 pm

Haumana wrote:Who doesn't love a good scrap centere ice between to Canucks? Thanks Doc and Smitty. That was fun.
yep
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:54 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I can find any cafeteria jobs posted, but jobs posted for hospital workers in BC are like; for a "maintenance worker" $19.77/hr, for a "patient care aide" $23.05/hr, for a "booking clerk" $21.82/hr... those are middle class wages where I come from.
LAWL we don't pay our nurses that much.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Ind ... tal/Salary

The median annual General Maintenance Worker I salary is $36,930, as of November 30, 2016, with a range usually between $30,752-$42,360, however this can vary widely depending on a variety of factors.
Median pay for nurses is $32.45, $67,490 annually.

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/regi ... nurses.htm
For RNs, sure. They make up a small portion of actual nurses though. Most are in the lower grades, such as LPNs etc, that get a fraction of that pay level.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:31 am

DrYouth wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Eh. You'd probably be surprised. Also peter did something and is trying to assuage his conscience clearly.
I'm sure there are some tight neighborhoods...
I've simply never had the privilege of living in one... again something that is probably more true on the left.

So... what do ya figure he did?
I think this is something that is very dependent on where you live, and your economic situation. I find people tend to be more helpful and sacrificial in rural areas, than in more urban areas. The same for poorer areas. When you have less stuff, whether it be less money or less people, you tend to value the people in your community more. It is easy to not care when you have it easy.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:37 am

TheOneX wrote: I think this is something that is very dependent on where you live, and your economic situation. I find people tend to be more helpful and sacrificial in rural areas, than in more urban areas. The same for poorer areas. When you have less stuff, whether it be less money or less people, you tend to value the people in your community more. It is easy to not care when you have it easy.
+1

And these communities value tradition and the culture of the group that makes up the community.
Often these groups are conservative in their values.

The right wants to preserve the values of their ingroup - and this ingroup will generally jump in the drink for each other.
So you can see how it would be worth preserving.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

pettertb

Post by pettertb » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:19 am

If you saw the voting pattern of the people around me, you wouldn't say they vote for the right :P

But I think they tend not to vote for the parties at the ends of the spectre.
DrYouth wrote:I said technology is the solvent that is eroding our social fabric.
Perhaps we need to remember, after shouting at each other online, that the people from the other tribe can have positive qualities too.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:33 am

pettertb wrote:Perhaps we need to remember, after shouting at each other online, that the people from the other tribe can have positive qualities too.
+1 It's important to keep perspective.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0