Secretary of State Pick

apeman

Re: Secretary of State Pick

Post by apeman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:59 am

Kath wrote:This cabinet is going to be a joke. Let's put people in charge of things they loathe. EPA? Get someone who thinks the EPA is completely unnecessary. :roll:

I think Canada has the right idea.

O Canada.....What a cabinet:
Minister of Health is a doctor.
Minister of Transport is an astronaut.
Minister of National Defense is a Sikh Veteran.
Minister of Youth is under the age of 45.
Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food is a former farmer.
Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness was a Scout.
Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development was a financial analyst.
Minister of Finance is a successful businessman.
Minister of Justice was a crown prosecutor and is a First Nations leader.
Minister of Sport, and Persons with Disabilities is a visually impaired Paralympian.
Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, and Canadian Coastguard is Inuit.
Minister of Science is a medical geographer with a PhD.
Why do you list the ethnicity of some ministers?

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:00 am

It's going to be tough to argue if every response to anything is just "FAKE NEWS!"

So, we're all about Yes manning Trump and anyone who says otherwise is just a fake news junkie.

Echo...echo...echo....echo.... chamber...chamber....chamber...

Aren't Mr. Trump's cabinet picks ever so dreamy? This country is going to rock, starting Jan 20.
Account abandoned.

Cid

Post by Cid » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:16 am

I enjoy a lot of these picks compared to the cuck sellouts that shoveled for Trump before he threw them out the back of the bus. Christie, Giuliani and Gingrich. Oh also Palin got bus chucked as well. Hell if he had told my fellow liberals he was going to fuck over those guys he'd probably have won his home state.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:40 am

Regulatory rollback was one of Trump's promises. Apparently, he was serious.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:55 pm

de officiis wrote:Regulatory rollback was one of Trump's promises. Apparently, he was serious.
I'm all for rolling back unnecessary policies, but OSHA wasn't created because peeps didn't have a MSDS for liquid paper. Once you start telling companies they can ease up on worker safety requirements, they will. Once you tell companies they don't have to dispose of their waste properly, they will stop.
Account abandoned.

Cid

Post by Cid » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 pm

Lawyers still exist and people can still sue. Congress effectively deregulated a ton of shit prior to this by quietly cutting funding, so this is a formality. The real regulation that is needed is with financial institutions, and we weren't going to get that with Clinton and we're not going to get it with Trump.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:12 pm

Cid wrote:Lawyers still exist and people can still sue.
Tell that to the families of the dead factory workers who were trapped inside because the back door was locked or blocked. Some regulations are good.
Account abandoned.

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:19 pm

Kath wrote:
Cid wrote:Lawyers still exist and people can still sue.
Tell that to the families of the dead factory workers who were trapped inside because the back door was locked or blocked. Some regulations are good.
Weak.

The safety and other regulations my clients face just to change a light bulb in NYC or on federal enclaves would truly blow your mind. Nothing could prepare you for the insanity.

But yeah, something something the back door was locked, so deregulation is meritless.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:27 pm

apeman wrote:
But yeah, something something the back door was locked, so deregulation is meritless.
Way to not understand my point. I'm all for cutting useless regulations, but Trump doesn't seem like a guy who wants to use a scalpel to separate the bad from the good. I truly hope I'm wrong, but these picks don't instill confidence. They seem more like hatchet men who will throw out the baby with the bathwater.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:29 pm

De-regulation is not inherently bad anymore than regulation is inherently bad. They are neutral terms, no one should turn either term into a boogeyman.
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*