Paraphrased from somewhere:

It took the markets 3 days to recover and surge after Brexit
It took three hours after Trump
It took 3 minutes after Italy

Everything is bullish, always

Otern

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by Otern » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:25 am

Montegriffo wrote:I am nostalgic for the old coins but the Euro really makes travelling around so much easier and cheaper when you don't have to change up at every border. In France they still had prices in Euros and Francs in some shops last time I went over a couple of years ago.
Cash is dead anyway. Whenever I travel to Sweden, I just use my card. No hassle, the exchange is done automatic. And best of all, I won't need to touch the dirty Swedish krone.

Of course that relies on only visiting countries where credit card skimmers aren't prevalent.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:27 am

apeman wrote:Paraphrased from somewhere:

Riding the gravy train right off the cliff. We've set the throttles to 'Ludicrous Speed', and Janet's sitting on the control board. No way off now, until it's over, lest someone look bad in the process. :facepalm:

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:31 am

Otern wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:I am nostalgic for the old coins but the Euro really makes travelling around so much easier and cheaper when you don't have to change up at every border. In France they still had prices in Euros and Francs in some shops last time I went over a couple of years ago.
Cash is dead anyway. Whenever I travel to Sweden, I just use my card. No hassle, the exchange is done automatic. And best of all, I won't need to touch the dirty Swedish krone.

Of course that relies on only visiting countries where credit card skimmers aren't prevalent.
Don't let on but I still work for cash a lot of the time. When I took my kitchen to Ireland I ended up with a stack of Euros to use up. No need for HMRC to get their hands on a % of everything I earn.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:31 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
apeman wrote:Paraphrased from somewhere:

Riding the gravy train right off the cliff. We've set the throttles to 'Ludicrous Speed', and Janet's sitting on the control board. No way off now, until it's over, lest someone look bad in the process. :facepalm:

Couldn't agree more, investors have learned for nearly a decade that every single event is bullish, including ant-globalist votes and terror attacks.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:37 am

Always loved that photo, I mean I hope the driver got out alive but that is some funny shit. :lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:39 am

apeman wrote:Couldn't agree more, investors have learned for nearly a decade that every single event is bullish, including ant-globalist votes and terror attacks.
Man, my grandparents sent over a little seed money for my son's savings account, and I'm not even sure what to do with it anymore. I stuck it in the bank, but by the time he can use it (16 years from now), it will be worth a fraction of what it is now in the best case.

My financial knowledge says to just blow it on the house, because nothing else will outpace inflation. Of course, as a parent, I don't like the idea of taking from him one bit. :oops:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:45 am

Markets could continue to go up and up for a very long time. Just because it makes no sense to me doesn't count for much.

Once France eventually elect Le Pen, I imagine the US markets will somehow hit new highs, because, you know, that is somehow bullish.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:48 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
apeman wrote:Couldn't agree more, investors have learned for nearly a decade that every single event is bullish, including ant-globalist votes and terror attacks.
Man, my grandparents sent over a little seed money for my son's savings account, and I'm not even sure what to do with it anymore. I stuck it in the bank, but by the time he can use it (16 years from now), it will be worth a fraction of what it is now in the best case.

My financial knowledge says to just blow it on the house, because nothing else will outpace inflation. Of course, as a parent, I don't like the idea of taking from him one bit. :oops:
Take a gamble on what type of car is going to be a classic by then. I wish I'd filled a barn with old VW bugs when you could pick them up for a song. If nothing else he'll get a cool car to take his date to the prom in.

Otern

Post by Otern » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:08 am

Montegriffo wrote: Don't let on but I still work for cash a lot of the time. When I took my kitchen to Ireland I ended up with a stack of Euros to use up. No need for HMRC to get their hands on a % of everything I earn.
I have some Euros lying around. The ones where Sweden looks like a flesh dick, and Finland looks like the balls.

Did a google search on the Euro currency, and it seems like the new coins have included Norway just because they don't want Sweden to look like a penis. It shows how much the EU hates Norwegian independence, and simple dick jokes. I do not like this.