Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:09 pm

You trying to tell me England isn't the centre of the universe. It's gonna be a tough task to convince me of that. Hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about can settle it for us.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Otern

Post by Otern » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:11 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Not sure when the French colonisation of North Africa began. If only there was a decent history forum around where I could find out.
The French bought a lot of grain from two jewish merchants in Algiers in the 1790s. Then the French refused to pay off their debts, because jews. The merchants had debts to pay to the ruler of Algiers, so they asked him of assistance, but the ruler suspected the French were collaborating with the merchants, because jews.

The French consul and the ruler of Algiers met for a talk, and it went as it always does when an arrogant asshole talks it out with an hot headed fool. The Algerian ruler slapped the French consul with a fly swatter, and the French got so insulted by this they decided to invade Algeria in 1830 and kill off almost a third of its population.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:12 pm

Montegriffo wrote:You trying to tell me England isn't the centre of the universe. It's gonna be a tough task to convince me of that. Hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about can settle it for us.
Well I went back and edited it with the wiki link. I'm not sure who was first but that's the impression I got concerning the right left paradigm in the modern sense.

Also I should plug Mike Duncan's, Revolutions podcast again.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:32 am

Otern wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Not sure when the French colonisation of North Africa began. If only there was a decent history forum around where I could find out.
The French bought a lot of grain from two jewish merchants in Algiers in the 1790s. Then the French refused to pay off their debts, because jews. The merchants had debts to pay to the ruler of Algiers, so they asked him of assistance, but the ruler suspected the French were collaborating with the merchants, because jews.

The French consul and the ruler of Algiers met for a talk, and it went as it always does when an arrogant asshole talks it out with an hot headed fool. The Algerian ruler slapped the French consul with a fly swatter, and the French got so insulted by this they decided to invade Algeria in 1830 and kill off almost a third of its population.
Thank you for answering the call Otern. You were my google when I did not have the patience to wait for wiki to load.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

ssu

Post by ssu » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:58 am

Here we go...

After Italy, no the train is set for a wild ride.

Let's see what the outcome is.

If the EU federalists were after Brexit like a deer in the headlights of an incoming truck, now the truck hit the deer.

Let's see what happens to the deer... and the truck.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:37 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:You trying to tell me England isn't the centre of the universe. It's gonna be a tough task to convince me of that. Hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about can settle it for us.
Well I went back and edited it with the wiki link. I'm not sure who was first but that's the impression I got concerning the right left paradigm in the modern sense.

Also I should plug Mike Duncan's, Revolutions podcast again.
It would behoove me to listen to all the French Revolution again. It is pretty confusing.

I've been really enjoying the Gran Colombia Revolution he's currently on
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:38 am

TheReal_ND wrote:It was the tennis or racquet court if I'm not mistaken. The one group just naturally sat together at the new meeting place.

Eh. Maybe I'm half right. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left–ri ... _the_terms

I listened to the Revolutions podcasts but tbh the French part is especially intricate and confusing.
Looks like you were more correct than me. I guess we copied them, damn Frenchies and their revolution.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:41 am

ssu wrote:Here we go...

If the EU federalists were after Brexit like a deer in the headlights of an incoming truck, now the truck hit the deer.

But will the train run on time...
According to QI Mussolini didn't even get that right.

Otern

Post by Otern » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:52 am

ssu wrote:Here we go...

But, but, the AUSTRIANS refused fascism, the EU is totally going to survive this, and there's a new dawn for tolerance and pan-Europeism.

Or maybe the Austrian president has about the same amount of power as a Scandinavian king, and it didn't really matter at all if Hofer won or lost.

The EU is falling apart, which is a great thing. Burn it down, and rebuild the parts that were not retarded. Feel bad for the countries that adopted the Euro though. Finland is usually one of the most sensible countries in Europe, but they really screwed up by abandoning the Finnish shekel.

Italy did good now. A rejection of further centralization is just what they needed.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:10 am

I am nostalgic for the old coins but the Euro really makes travelling around so much easier and cheaper when you don't have to change up at every border. In France they still had prices in Euros and Francs in some shops last time I went over a couple of years ago.