Europe, Boring Until it's Not

BjornP

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by BjornP » Tue May 16, 2017 10:31 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
BjornP wrote:
I presume that in Britain, they can't charge or detain people for weeks without a significant amount of evidence to support their guilt. If they found dna from two different men on the raped woman, but it came from two different immigrants and none of those held earlier... well, they probably got the wrong immigrants, don't you think?

No. He doesn't.
They wouldn't fucking know because they released the men weeks before the results came back. Not released on bail pending charges or trial. Released and free to go.
Apparantly not:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... t-out.html
Sunderland Central MP Julie Elliott last night called for calm.
Southern Area Command Chief Inspector Paul Milner said: 'We know the woman had been in Sunderland City Centre on Saturday night before waking up in a strange address in Peel Street with cuts and bruises.
'She managed to leave the house and get to a family member's home at around 5am on Sunday morning.

'The victim believes her drink may have been spiked.
'This is obviously a very serious incident and something we know the local community will be concerned about and we will have officers on patrol to offer reassurance to anyone who may be concerned and answer any queries they may have.'

The six men are on bail until October 17.
So...Okee, where excatly did you get the story that they were released and "free to go" from? Can't have been very reliable, can it?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 16, 2017 10:50 am

So in other words, The Rebel is just bitching, because justice hasn't been done fast enough for their liking, and it plays to their anti-illegal immigration narrative to make the situation seem worse than it is.

Shocked I say! Journalists using clickbait to push their narrative, that's impossible, that's never happened before. The entire industry doesn't make a living doing that or anything, no the media outlets that push a narrative I'm more likely to agree with are all beacons of virtue, there is no other explanation.
:lol:
Last edited by StCapps on Tue May 16, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 16, 2017 10:53 am

StCapps wrote:So in other words, The Rebel is just bitching, because justice hasn't been done fast enough for their liking, and it plays to their anti-illegal immigration narrative to make the situation seem worse than it is. Shocked I say!

Negative. The police refuse to prosecute. Out on bail does not mean the same thing there that it does here. The police have announced they will not prosecute.

Hopefully, a higher level of government can step in an rectify it.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 16, 2017 10:58 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Negative. The police refuse to prosecute. Out on bail does not mean the same thing there that it does here. The police have announced they will not prosecute.

So you would rather the government waste money going after a conviction, that they know they can't get, which is why they are refusing to prosecute in the first place? If they thought there was a chance of winning the case, they'd go for it, but they say there is no chance of success, so they are choosing to move on unless new information comes to light to improve their case. It works the same way in America.

You're just mad that the evidence they have isn't enough, when you think it is enough, but you aren't a lawyer and they have to prove it in court.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 am

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Negative. The police refuse to prosecute. Out on bail does not mean the same thing there that it does here. The police have announced they will not prosecute.

So you would rather the government waste money going after a conviction, that they know they can't get, which is why they are refusing to prosecute in the first place? If they thought their was a chance of winning the case, they'd go for it, they say there is no chance of success, so they are choosing to move on unless new information comes to light to improve their case. It works the same way in America. You're just mad that the evidence they have isn't enough, when you think it is enough, but you aren't a lawyer and they have to prove it in court.

What the hell are you talking about?

Given DNA evidence, blood test showing positive match for roofies, witnesses, scars and burn marks all over her body, and semen connecting the men to her rape.. I'd say they have a pretty good case. You are fucking dumb on this one. Seriously. Pull your head out of your ass.

If the cops had some other evidence that would justify what they have done, they'd have released it already.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 16, 2017 11:07 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:What the hell are you talking about?

Given DNA evidence, blood test showing positive match for roofies, witnesses, scars and burn marks all over her body, and semen connecting the men to her rape.. I'd say they have a pretty good case. You are fucking dumb on this one. Seriously. Pull your head out of your ass.
So they have proof that two dudes had sex with her. What proof do they have that it was these six dudes that raped her, scarred her and burned her? They have eye witnesses sure, but how reliable are they in accurately identifying the assailants?

You don't have proof of anything. You have feelz because a white woman was raped by a brown skinned rape gang, your conclusions are not drawn from logic but emotion.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue May 16, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 16, 2017 11:08 am

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:What the hell are you talking about?

So they have proof that two dudes had sex with her. What proof do they have that it was these six dudes that raped her, scarred her and burned her? They have eye witnesses sure, but how reliable are they in accurately identifying the assailants?

You don't have proof of anything.

More than two.

https://policehour.co.uk/2017/01/brave- ... al-attack/

And I don't claim proof of anything. I claim there exists enough evidence for probable cause to prosecute these men. A trial is warranted here.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 16, 2017 11:10 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I don't claim proof of anything. I claim there exists enough evidence for probable cause to prosecute these men.
Well you can claim that all you want, that doesn't make it true. Perhaps the two eyewitnesses who weren't the victim didn't get close enough to accurately identify the attackers. You don't know how reliable the two eyewitnesses are, you are just assuming these eye witnesses are super reliable in identifying these assailants when you come to conclusion that the authorities clearly have enough evidence to prosecute.
*yip*

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue May 16, 2017 11:16 am

The British understanding of bail:

https://www.gov.uk/charged-crime/bail
2. Bail

You can be released on bail at the police station after you’ve been charged. This means you will be able to go home until your court hearing.
..and at which stage of the

https://www.app.college.police.uk/app-c ... anagement/

Soo..... does that look like they won't be prosecuted, then? :whistle:
Last edited by BjornP on Tue May 16, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue May 16, 2017 11:23 am

BjornP wrote:The British understanding of bail:

https://www.gov.uk/charged-crime/bail
2. Bail

You can be released on bail at the police station after you’ve been charged. This means you will be able to go home until your court hearing.
https://www.gov.uk/arrested-your-rights ... in-custody
Alternate British understanding of bail:
When you can be released on bail
The police can release you on police bail if there’s not enough evidence to charge you. You don’t have to pay to be released on police bail, but you’ll have to return to the station for further questioning when asked.
They have not been charged.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "