Eh-conomics

Haumana

Re: Eh-conomics

Post by Haumana » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:22 pm

I read something about all of the municipal bonds that are going to come due in 2017 that are going to cause a major crash. Anyone know anything about this? Cities and States not having the money to cover the payments required.

ssu

Post by ssu » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:52 pm

Haumana wrote:I read something about all of the municipal bonds that are going to come due in 2017 that are going to cause a major crash. Anyone know anything about this? Cities and States not having the money to cover the payments required.
Can be, have to look about that. Usually it has been just when the Greek debt has come to due, there has been the EU crisis that you can forecast just by looking at the calendar.

One should remember that even with all it's faults, the US is still the best looking house in a bad neighbourhood. A true crisis will hit likely some Japan or other places before.

What is going to happen now is the extremely likely Yellen will raise interest rates now. And hence the Fed will at odds with Trump as raising interest rates isn't good for growth. And one has to remember that an 1% raise on the US Debt will add interest expenses by 200 billion annually. And that 70% of the budget is on autopilot as that 70% are made of entitlements and interest on the debt.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:55 pm

ssu wrote:Can be, have to look about that. Usually it has been just when the Greek debt has come to due there has been the EU crisis that you can forecast just By looking at the calendar.

One should remember that even with all it's faults, the US is still the best looking house in a bad neighbourhood. A true crisis will hit likely some Japan or other places before.

What is going to happen now is the extremely likely Yellen will raise interest rates now. And hence the Fed will at odds with Trump as raising interest rates isn't good for growth. And one has to remember that an 1% raise on the US Debt will add interest expenses by 200 billion annually. And that 70% of the budget is on autopilot as that 70% are made of entitlements and interest on the debt.
Dvorak and Horowitz were kicking this around. I haven't really dove too deeply into it to know for sure but it seemed plausible as presented.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:21 pm

One of the best 4-D chess players out there...

President Obama has conducted the most deleterious foreign policy of any U.S. president since Woodrow Wilson. This is not due just to a dead ambassador on the streets of Benghazi, a phony red line in Syria which led to 400,000 dead, two million wounded, and two million refugees, losing Egypt to Islamic radicals, or empowering a terrorist regime in Iran. Those developments alone are enough to rank Obama among the worst foreign policy presidents. Obama’s most egregious error is far worse – his inability to grasp the balance-of-power dynamics among the U.S., Russia and China. Yet, Obama’s blunder is Trump’s opening to rescue U.S. foreign policy from grave weakness, and restore U.S. leadership to the world.

http://www.darientimes.com/79397/rickar ... ps-gambit/
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:42 pm

The average citizen is going to be reduced to a meaningless existence....they are the horse of the 21rst century.....The Donald may be able to save them for a fleeting period of time via tarrifs.....but they are ultimately doomed to serfdom....not to mention that the intelligence of the average American is declining-which is going to exerasbat the fall of the middle class....those with a meaningful skill will be grunts for the rich....

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:50 am

Haumana wrote:I read something about all of the municipal bonds that are going to come due in 2017 that are going to cause a major crash. Anyone know anything about this? Cities and States not having the money to cover the payments required.
That's 10 years from the crash. The 10-year municipal bonds will all be coming due at once, as cities were scrambling desperate to cover sudden budget gaps. They'll just re-issue more 10-year bonds, so long as people are willing to buy them..
Zlaxer wrote:The average citizen is going to be reduced to a meaningless existence....they are the horse of the 21rst century.....The Donald may be able to save them for a fleeting period of time via tarrifs.....but they are ultimately doomed to serfdom....not to mention that the intelligence of the average American is declining-which is going to exerasbat the fall of the middle class....those with a meaningful skill will be grunts for the rich....
How is that different from now?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:29 pm

@gcf I am not yet a serf....though I am middle class......but you are correct...it's getting harder each year to stay in the middle.....my state is so piss poor broke from DNC legislated full state pensions that its about to go bankrupt.....we just had two of the biggest tax increases in the states history and they're still talking about raising them again.....despite the fact that massive numbers of residents are leaving the state...if taxes keep going up, the amount of tax I pay will be more than the principal and interest payment on my mortgage.....thanks DNC :D

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:35 pm

Zlaxer wrote:@gcf I am not yet a serf....though I am middle class......but you are correct...it's getting harder each year to stay in the middle.....my state is so piss poor broke from DNC legislated full state pensions that its about to go bankrupt.....we just had two of the biggest tax increases in the states history and they're still talking about raising them again.....despite the fact that massive numbers of residents are leaving the state...if taxes keep going up, the amount of tax I pay will be more than the principal and interest payment on my mortgage.....thanks DNC :D
You do know most of those full pensions are firefighters and police officers. Why do you hate heroes so much?

They also, or at least they do here, take retirement after 20 years so at like age 42 and then go get hired at a second department so they get a double pension. All stemming from six figure wages.

My point is that the pensions causing the breaking point aren't the fat and useless bureaucrats everyone loves to hate, its the "heroes"
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:02 am

AndrewBennett wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:@gcf I am not yet a serf....though I am middle class......but you are correct...it's getting harder each year to stay in the middle.....my state is so piss poor broke from DNC legislated full state pensions that its about to go bankrupt.....we just had two of the biggest tax increases in the states history and they're still talking about raising them again.....despite the fact that massive numbers of residents are leaving the state...if taxes keep going up, the amount of tax I pay will be more than the principal and interest payment on my mortgage.....thanks DNC :D
You do know most of those full pensions are firefighters and police officers. Why do you hate heroes so much?

They also, or at least they do here, take retirement after 20 years so at like age 42 and then go get hired at a second department so they get a double pension. All stemming from six figure wages.

My point is that the pensions causing the breaking point aren't the fat and useless bureaucrats everyone loves to hate, its the "heroes"
I'm fully ok with cutting cop and fd pension plans....especially since I've seen how cops boost their overtime with bogus traffic assignments that inflate their pensions...people can scream and cry...but they can't change the math....people with government backed pensions will find themselves holding a paper bag pretty soon...I'll feel bad for them....but they were dumb enough to believe the promises of politicians....

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:58 pm

The new space race will keep some jobs afloat for a while. Extending high speed communications to cover the world will keep some more jobs afloat.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751