Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Haumana » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:13 pm

:confusion-scratchheadyellow:

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:47 pm

Oh look, another day, another protest.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/us/m ... .html?_r=0

"Expanding the annual May Day events into a one-day-fits-all schedule of demonstrations for the rights of immigrants, women, workers, gay men, and lesbians."

I guess trans and blacks weren't included. :?

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Mon May 01, 2017 4:11 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:Oh look, another day, another protest.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/us/m ... .html?_r=0

"Expanding the annual May Day events into a one-day-fits-all schedule of demonstrations for the rights of immigrants, women, workers, gay men, and lesbians."

I guess trans and blacks weren't included. :?
One would think that after awhile, it's a little hard to maintain all the emotion. I think people are just going to wind up getting used to Trump.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Mon May 01, 2017 4:28 pm

National Student Union Bans Clapping and Whooping As “Triggering” and Non-Inclusive
We have previously discussed how clapping is now viewed by many on campuses as inappropriate conduct and possibly even a “microaggression.” Now the delegates to the National Union of Students at the annual conference in Brighton are threatening “consequences” for any student who whoops or cheers or claps because such acts exclude deaf people. Moreover, many now argue that clapping is a triggering danger for some people. Instead, students are told to use “jazz hands” to show agreement or support.

Jazz hands are now the inclusive form of support. Notably, there has been a movement to have people snap rather than clap around the country, but snapping would also seem non-inclusive for deaf people. Thus, in the span of a year or so, “snappers” went from the cutting edge of inclusive angst to sound-producing reactionaries. As they say, revolution like Saturn devours its own.

The National Union of Students have taken this further to crackdown on those clapping as marginalizing others. Estelle Hart, an NUS elections committee member declared: “No whooping, it does have a serious impact on some delegates ability to access conference.”
I'm ready to emigrate. Is there someplace where rationality still prevails?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 01, 2017 4:55 pm

Haumana wrote::confusion-scratchheadyellow:

I don't think Bill Nye knows the difference between politics and science.

Someone may have already posted this, but here is 90's Bill Nye on gender:
Shikata ga nai

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon May 01, 2017 4:59 pm

de officiis wrote:National Student Union Bans Clapping and Whooping As “Triggering” and Non-Inclusive
We have previously discussed how clapping is now viewed by many on campuses as inappropriate conduct and possibly even a “microaggression.” Now the delegates to the National Union of Students at the annual conference in Brighton are threatening “consequences” for any student who whoops or cheers or claps because such acts exclude deaf people. Moreover, many now argue that clapping is a triggering danger for some people. Instead, students are told to use “jazz hands” to show agreement or support.

Jazz hands are now the inclusive form of support. Notably, there has been a movement to have people snap rather than clap around the country, but snapping would also seem non-inclusive for deaf people. Thus, in the span of a year or so, “snappers” went from the cutting edge of inclusive angst to sound-producing reactionaries. As they say, revolution like Saturn devours its own.

The National Union of Students have taken this further to crackdown on those clapping as marginalizing others. Estelle Hart, an NUS elections committee member declared: “No whooping, it does have a serious impact on some delegates ability to access conference.”
I'm ready to emigrate. Is there someplace where rationality still prevails?
I used to want to go to Australia but they're pretty cucked now too
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon May 01, 2017 5:02 pm

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 01, 2017 5:08 pm

Australia has the best immigration policy out of any Western country. They have that shit down to a science. They get a lot of flak for it internationally, but it works for them.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 01, 2017 6:51 pm

Shikata ga nai