Social Justice Warriors Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:12 am

LMFAO

You don't have it in you to resist anything. You think it's somebody else's "job" to do that for you. :lol:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:34 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:LMFAO

You don't have it in you to resist anything. You think it's somebody else's "job" to do that for you. :lol:
Dude, you're talking out of your ass. You need someone to pull the level, push the button, or break the vial, I'm your guy. Call me when you need me, but if you think that dressing up in funny clothes & taking ridiculous orders from dickheads is what defines courage, manhood & patriotism, you have no fucking clue.

p.s. I was polishing my anti-Draft rhetoric, and I can see my reflection in it: good enough. At ease.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:36 am

Yeah. Martin will mail you anthrax. Watch out fascist fucks.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:44 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:LMFAO

Dude, you're talking out of your ass. You need someone to pull the level, push the button, or break the vial, I'm your guy. Call me when you need me, but if you think that dressing up in funny clothes & taking ridiculous orders from dickheads is what defines courage, manhood & patriotism, you have no fucking clue.

p.s. I was polishing my anti-Draft rhetoric, and I can see my reflection in it: good enough. At ease.

Yeah, maybe you can just hire somebody to fight in your place. It's just a job, after all..

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:56 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Yeah, maybe you can just hire somebody to fight in your place. It's just a job, after all..
We must have different definitions of the word "fight"? The vast majority of soldiers never fight. You have more of a chance of dying crossing the street against the light in NYC.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:57 am

We have vastly differences of definitions of the word liberty and your duty to defend it.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:04 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:We have vastly differences of definitions of the word liberty and your duty to defend it.
Not just us, the whole world redefines "liberty" to fit their ideological narrative.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Oh, there were much bigger battles than that, and some of them are in the movies, the first major engagement between the US Army and the NVA being at the Ia Drang Valley in 1965, which is portrayed (poorly) in the movie When We Were Soldiers, another infamous one being Hill 943 at Don Ap Bia in the A Shau Valley in 1969, portrayed (poorly) in the movie Hamburger Hill, there's also Hue during the Tet Offensive in 1968, portrayed (brilliantly) in the movie Full Metal Jacket...
Full Metal Jacket is really the only Vietnam movie I like, though Apocalypse now has a few good scenes. We were soldiers was awful.
One of the most interesting battles in Vietnam was the battle of Dien Bien Phu. As far as I know there hasn't been a movie made about it. I think a French studio should jump on that.

I'm not a Vietnam expert so correct me if I'm wrong, but Tet was a flop for the Vietnamese right? They did not achieve their strategic aims. I guess they won the PR battle though, because I believe that was when the American public really started to turn against the war.
Shikata ga nai

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:13 pm

Bill Maher blasted the University of California at Berkeley on Friday as “the cradle for [expletive] babies” after the school rescinded an invitation this week to conservative commentator Ann Coulter.

The left-leaning host of HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher” unleashed on the institution during Friday evening’s broadcast after Berkeley disinvited then re-invited Ms. Coulter within a matter of hours this week over fears a planned speaking engagement will attract protesters.

“Berkeley, you know, used to be the cradle of free speech,” said Mr. Maher. “And now it’s just the cradle for [expletive] babies.”

“They invite someone to speak whose not exactly what liberals want to hear and they want to shutter it,” he added. “I feel like this is the liberal’s version of book burning. And it’s got to stop.”
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... a-college/

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:19 pm

heydaralon wrote:Full Metal Jacket is really the only Vietnam movie I like, though Apocalypse now has a few good scenes. We were soldiers was awful.One of the most interesting battles in Vietnam was the battle of Dien Bien Phu. As far as I know there hasn't been a movie made about it. I think a French studio should jump on that.

Well, FMJ is Kubrick, it's the director that makes a movie, FMJ was actually all filmed in England by the way, that Hue city was the Beckton Gas Works in London, they flew the palm trees in from Spain.
I'm not a Vietnam expert so correct me if I'm wrong, but Tet was a flop for the Vietnamese right? They did not achieve their strategic aims. I guess they won the PR battle though, because I believe that was when the American public really started to turn against the war.
Basically, although it would be more accurate to say that they did not achieve their operational aims, but as they won the PR battle and turned the American public against the war effort, that would be by definition a strategic victory. Tactically; they were anihilated, Operationally; they failed to reach their objectives, but, Strategically; they turned the tide of the war.

Incidentally, getting back to the comparison of attrition, by the time the Tet Offensive had run its course, almost as many Americans were killed as were killed in the entire Iraq War, including 737 KIA at Khe Sanh, which, IIRC, is the highest fatality count for any single American battle in Vietnam.

A critical component of winning the PR war, was their suicidal determination to reach their objectives, and just the sheer of amount of damage they were able to inflict as they went down swinging.
Nec Aspera Terrent