THE ERA OF TRUMP

Smitty-48

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:19 pm

ssu wrote:Wow!

Intelligence conspiracy theories!!! Those nasty Brits doing the dirty work...

Poor, poor Russia. Innocent yet accused, as always.

Well, at least the jokes the dossier has brought up are funny.
I would never say the Russian's are innocent, of course Mr. Ivan is operating against the US, UK, and NATO, at all times, but if they were going to blackmail Trump, they'd need a heck of a lot more than "golden showers", that's not enought to bring him down, that's just enought to piss him off and blow the good thing they have going with Trump already, without having to blackmail him at all, so the idea that they would come at him with Kompromat, which is so weak as that, doesn't ring as true, if they were going to risk blowing up their Bromance with Trump, and trying to blackmail the POTUS, they would need something extreme on him, "golden showers" ain't gonna get it done, again, that just rings as salacious gossip, Russian tin foil.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:20 pm

To be fair, the Russians will probably eventually getting around to fucking with Finland again. But that's not really my problem.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:30 pm

There's no FSB conspiracy required, the so called Alt-Right in the West, is an Illiberal democratic revolt, against the liberal order in the West, people on the Right in the West, hate liberals, hate European governments, hate the EU, and hate NATO, they hate it all, and they like Putin, as an ally against all that they hate in the West, the Kremlin doesn't have to try to force the issue, the Right in the West, is coming to the Russians, voluntarily, there's no reason to blow that up by trying to force it.

The Russians are not Communists, and nobody in the West has the balls to declare war on them, so what's the big whoop? Russia is not the Soviet Union, you're telling me we can do business with China and Saudi Arabia, but not Russia? Please.

Justin Trudeau is going to tell me that Russia is my enemy, when he's negotiating trade deals with Communist China and selling $15 billion worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia? Fuck off, Justin.

"Mr. Ivan is my adversary. My enemy is Mr. Trudeau."~ Smitty LeMay
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:To be fair, the Russians will probably eventually getting around to fucking with Finland again. But that's not really my problem.
As if they stopped? Oh they try do that always, it's a norm. As the only country that fought on the Axis side not to be overrun and occupied, why yes, Russia surely has done a lot of meddling in my country. We've lived with the Bear for a long time, so it's not anything new to us.

You having such a relationship with the Bear is the new thing here. Or shall we say, that the Bear has finally gotten some traction in it's efforts, which likely the democratic opposition want to blow out of all proportions, naturally.

Time for this poster again?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:46 pm

ssu wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:To be fair, the Russians will probably eventually getting around to fucking with Finland again. But that's not really my problem.
As if they stopped? Oh they try do that always, it's a norm. As the only country that fought on the Axis side not to be overrun and occupied, why yes, Russia surely has done a lot of meddling in my country. We've lived with the Bear for a long time, so it's not anything new to us.

You having such a relationship with the Bear is the new thing here. Or shall we say, that the Bear has finally gotten some traction in it's efforts, which likely the democratic opposition want to blow out of all proportions, naturally.

Time for this poster again?

You guys don't have an Adolf Hitler to bail you out this time either.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:48 pm

But, ssu, who is destroying my military and undermining by soveriegn and national security? Is it the United Russia Freedom Party?

No, it's not, it's the Liberal Party of Canada who is the threat to my military, my sovereign, and my national security, so even where I recognize a Russian adversary as being a plausible threat, the real enemy is within, the Liberals in Ottawa are an exponentially greater threat, especially where a Russian menace would be concerned, the Liberal Party of Canada, are the agents out to destroy Canada's ability to defend itself and its allies, not the FSB.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:50 pm

^^^ This.

Our enemies are the far left in the West. Not Russia. Russians might be mean and nasty if you have to share a border with them, but that's not my problem.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:02 pm

^^^ This.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I would never say the Russian's are innocent, of course Mr. Ivan is operating against the US, UK, and NATO, at all times, but if they were going to blackmail Trump, they'd need a heck of a lot more than "golden showers", that's not enought to bring him down, that's just enought to piss him off and blow the good thing they have going with Trump already, without having to blackmail him at all, so the idea that they would come at him with Kompromat, which is so weak as that, doesn't ring as true, if they were going to risk blowing up their Bromance with Trump, and trying to blackmail the POTUS, they would need something extreme on him, "golden showers" ain't gonna get it done, again, that just rings as salacious gossip, Russian tin foil.
As I've said, the real result is either

a) Trump's relationship with the IC will be strained

b) this turns into the worst farse in US history.

Somehow I have this feeling that this whole thing isn't going to go away.
Smitty-48 wrote:But, ssu, who is destroying my military and undermining by soveriegn and national security? Is it the United Russia Freedom Party?

No, it's not, it's the Liberal Party of Canada who is the threat to my military, my sovereign, and my national security, so even where I recognize a Russian adversary as being a plausible threat, the real enemy is within, the Liberals in Ottawa are an exponentially greater threat, especially where a Russian menace would be concerned, the Liberal Party of Canada, are the agents out to destroy Canada's ability to defend itself and its allies, not the FSB.
Oh I do agree with that.

Your problem is that the Canadians aren't simply told so that they would understand that they DO need armed forces. Even if it's quite peacefull there.

Here in the end it's different. I remember once a Member of Parliament who sits in the Defence committee came to see our excersize. He asked smart questions, made good observations and his views were rational and actually patriotic. I assumed that he was a conservative, but actually he was a social democrat. Now I don't like social democrats and their policies, but in the end, they are team players. That we have to have an army to deter Russia is a no-brainer that almost everybody gets. Here only the Greens and some remnants of the Communists don't get it (with the Greens opting for the small mannequin army). Yet I think in Canada when there is no percievable threat, then what you are describing what can easily happen.

The continuing divisiveness in the US is just making another kind of problem, and that is when the situation gets tough, everybody should be for team America, the campaign talk should be left out. But that I don't see happening. That's the big problem.

ssu

Post by ssu » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:09 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You guys don't have an Adolf Hitler to bail you out this time either.
Russia isn't Soviet Union either.