THE ERA OF TRUMP

Speaker to Animals

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:44 pm

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I'm not really going to cry over some dead drug dealers, honestly. I am just saying that it's obvious the federal government is about to face off with these marijuana narco-states like Washington.

The real issue here is whether it's even the federal government's job to deal with this shit within the boundaries of the United States. The border areas I get. Kill all the drug traffickers crossing the border. Fine.

But maybe let the states decide if they want to kill the drug dealers or just become narco-states like Washington. Then let the druggies gravitate to those states.
There isn't a good reason for the federal or state governments to kill drug dealers, or to outlaw drugs, anymore than there is to outlaw alcohol and kill alcohol dealers. People should be free to make informed decisions about the substances they ingest. And legalization would disempower the criminals that profit off of prohibition. But yeah, the least the feds could do is allow the states to come up with their own solutions.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:25 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I'm not really going to cry over some dead drug dealers, honestly. I am just saying that it's obvious the federal government is about to face off with these marijuana narco-states like Washington.

The real issue here is whether it's even the federal government's job to deal with this shit within the boundaries of the United States. The border areas I get. Kill all the drug traffickers crossing the border. Fine.

But maybe let the states decide if they want to kill the drug dealers or just become narco-states like Washington. Then let the druggies gravitate to those states.
There isn't a good reason for the federal or state governments to kill drug dealers, or to outlaw drugs, anymore than there is to outlaw alcohol and kill alcohol dealers. People should be free to make informed decisions about the substances they ingest. And legalization would disempower the criminals that profit off of prohibition. But yeah, the least the feds could do is allow the states to come up with their own solutions.

If the people of a state (correctly) identify certain forms of drug abuse as having no legitimate benefit to society, and constituting a threat to human lives, then they absolutely have the right to make drug trafficking a capital offense. It's not a cruel and unusual punishment to execute somebody for crimes. We used to execute people for stealing cattle and horses, so it's not such a stretch to execute them for trafficking in dangerous narcotics that are killing people across the nation.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:28 pm

I think what freaks people out is how those Asian countries aren't even down with the double standard. They don't care who you are. You can be some cute little doe-eyed woman and they are still going to hang your ass.

That's where I think this policy is going to go off the rails. Eventually they are going to have females on trial and people are going to get really pissed when it's obvious that women don't get the same sentences as the men.

It has to be universally applied to really work, else they will just use females.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:07 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:

If the people of a state (correctly) identify certain forms of drug abuse as having no legitimate benefit to society, and constituting a threat to human lives, then they absolutely have the right to make drug trafficking a capital offense. It's not a cruel and unusual punishment to execute somebody for crimes. We used to execute people for stealing cattle and horses, so it's not such a stretch to execute them for trafficking in dangerous narcotics that are killing people across the nation.
People kill themselves with drugs, don’t blame the dealer for the consumer’s choices. Unless they forced to take the first hit, obviously.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:42 am

JohnDonne wrote: People kill themselves with drugs, don’t blame the dealer for the consumer’s choices. Unless they forced to take the first hit, obviously.
Do you feel the same about other products like soda and fast food? Or did you support states that exacted taxes and bans to try and force consumers away from those products?

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:37 am

(WASHINGTON) — Sen. John McCain is criticizing President Donald Trump for commending Vladimir Putin for his re-election to a fourth six-year term as Russia’s leader.

The Arizona Republican says, “An American president does not lead the Free World by congratulating dictators on winning sham elections.”

McCain, the Armed Services Committee chairman, also says that by doing so Trump has “insulted every Russian citizen who was denied the right to vote in a free and fair election to determine their country’s future.”
http://time.com/5207666/john-mccain-don ... criticism/
Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:39 am

Kath wrote:
(WASHINGTON) — Sen. John McCain is criticizing President Donald Trump for commending Vladimir Putin for his re-election to a fourth six-year term as Russia’s leader.

The Arizona Republican says, “An American president does not lead the Free World by congratulating dictators on winning sham elections.”

McCain, the Armed Services Committee chairman, also says that by doing so Trump has “insulted every Russian citizen who was denied the right to vote in a free and fair election to determine their country’s future.”
http://time.com/5207666/john-mccain-don ... criticism/
It's sad that in McCain's final months he desperately seeks to be kept relevant by injecting himself like this. For fucks sake man, focus on your family in the little time you have left.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:41 am

Which words do you disagree with, here?

“An American president does not lead the Free World by congratulating dictators on winning sham elections.”
Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:43 am

Kath wrote:Which words do you disagree with, here?

“An American president does not lead the Free World by congratulating dictators on winning sham elections.”

I disagree with the focus of his life. The man has a few months left........... he probably hardly knows his family, he should spend a little time with them before the cancer completely eats his brain.

In general, Trump congratulating Putin is bad press, but maybe good diplomacy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience