Ohio State

Ex-California

Ohio State

Post by Ex-California » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:03 am

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

C-Mag

Re: Ohio State

Post by C-Mag » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:25 pm

ISIS claimed him as Soldier. But in the words of Kiss Ass Kasich, 'We may Never Know, what caused him to do this" :roll:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:05 pm

I live in a suburb of Cleveland and to be sure the consensus here is Fuck that terrorist fuck.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:19 pm

Unfortunately, I think this sort of thing is something we're going to have to live with for the indefinite future, since there are no clear answers for how to deal with it prophylactically that wouldn't involve a serious curtailment of civil liberties.

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:12 pm

de officiis wrote: since there are no clear answers for how to deal with it prophylactically that wouldn't involve a serious curtailment of civil liberties.
I think acknowledging these atttacks for what they really are(terrorism and radical Islamic terrorism) by the government and more importantly, in my opinion, MSM would be a huge step in the right direction. In the near term I believe you are correct, that it won't change. MSM has pretty much given up the charade of impartialy and integrity in favor of attacking Trump for daring to win the elction and pulling veil off the citizens head to expose them (MSM) for what they really are.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:15 pm

Notwithstanding the fact most of these people make their intentions known, could a Muslim otherwise commit a violent crime in the US and it NOT be declared terrorism?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:18 pm

AverageJoe wrote:
de officiis wrote: since there are no clear answers for how to deal with it prophylactically that wouldn't involve a serious curtailment of civil liberties.
I think acknowledging these atttacks for what they really are(terrorism and radical Islamic terrorism) by the government and more importantly, in my opinion, MSM would be a huge step in the right direction. In the near term I believe you are correct, that it won't change. MSM has pretty much given up the charade of impartialy and integrity in favor of attacking Trump for daring to win the elction and pulling veil off the citizens head to expose them (MSM) for what they really are.
If the MSM doesn't want a 2nd Trump term they will do this.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:23 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:Notwithstanding the fact most of these people make their intentions known, could a Muslim otherwise commit a violent crime in the US and it NOT be declared terrorism?
Come on man they arent even saying it is terrorism even when it clearly is.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:51 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:Notwithstanding the fact most of these people make their intentions known, could a Muslim otherwise commit a violent crime in the US and it NOT be declared terrorism?
Well, I suppose you are being rhetorical, but the answer is clearly "yes." One can imagine any number of violent crimes being committed by people who happen to be Muslim that lack the earmarks of a hate crime or act of terror.

nickle7

Post by nickle7 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:04 pm

clubgop wrote:
AverageJoe wrote:
If the MSM doesn't want a 2nd Trump term they will do this.
Exactly. It doesn't do any good to point fingers, but the Left isn't bereft of responsibility for the outcome of the election. Dismissal (arguably even suppression) of attempts to label these attacks as linked to Islam create Trumpist populism.
Seek how to think, not what to think.