Sensible Shoes Klobachar - OUT - Karens now for Biden
No votes
Hildaghost Clinton
10%

Total votes: 10

C-Mag

Re: MHF Democrat Primary Poll

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:13 pm

I'm not so sure they will burn Biden for Robert Byrd. They'd have to burn down most of the Dem party along the way, Clintons included.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:19 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:13 pm
I'm not so sure they will burn Biden for Robert Byrd. They'd have to burn down most of the Dem party along the way, Clintons included.
If it was a dealbreaker, Bernie would have won in the nomination in 2016, yet that did not happen, and the media never made a big deal of it. The vast majority of Dems simply don't care, they didn't care that Byrd was Hillary's mentor, and they certainly won't care that Biden worked with Byrd and held his hand in the air in a photo.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:24 pm

People around here need to stop assuming that because Biden did something that they consider a dealbreaker, that means that the Democrats agree that it's a dealbreaker too.

To Democrats, if a Democrat does something that is racist, they simply look the other way, they only care when a Republican does something they perceive as racist, then the outrage machine actually gets going.

Hypocrisy is a thing in politics, stop assuming that most Dem primary voters are principled and don't engage in double standards, especially when it comes to playing the race card, because that is obviously not the case.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:29 am

C-Mag wrote:
The super predator shit cost Hillary the 2016 election, dude.

Not that black support matters at all any longer. Really, if you want to get elected, scapegoating blacks would do it better than anything else these days with growing Latino population. Latinos are literally ethnically cleansing blacks in California as we speak. Blacks abort more than half the babies they conceive, so they aren't going anywhere. They are essentially an irrelevant population to the politicians as far as I can tell, other than to exploit them to bash opponents with accusations of racism (with great irony points awarded).

I mean.. you can still use them as a political base, but if I were a democrat I would abandon them for the Latino base that is much stronger. Blacks and Latinos are fundamentally opposing voter blocs with conflicting interests at almost every level. There's no way to combine them any longer.

I think within about ten to twenty years, blacks and whites will form up into some new kind of bloc since we have similar interests and the Latino bloc will dominate otherwise. If democrats take control of the Latino vote (which seems likely), then I suppose it will be the republican party that controls the white and black vote. Which implies the conservatives and libertarians have to fucking go.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:36 am

UH OH: Tulsi Gabbard’s answer to question about Walmart selling guns might get her expelled from the 2020 Dem field

Twitter video at the link.

And here's video of me asking Tulsi Gabbard if Walmart should stop selling firearms. She told me, "That's up to Walmart."

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:30 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:29 am
C-Mag wrote:
The super predator shit cost Hillary the 2016 election, dude.

Not that black support matters at all any longer. Really, if you want to get elected, scapegoating blacks would do it better than anything else these days with growing Latino population. Latinos are literally ethnically cleansing blacks in California as we speak. Blacks abort more than half the babies they conceive, so they aren't going anywhere. They are essentially an irrelevant population to the politicians as far as I can tell, other than to exploit them to bash opponents with accusations of racism (with great irony points awarded).

I mean.. you can still use them as a political base, but if I were a democrat I would abandon them for the Latino base that is much stronger. Blacks and Latinos are fundamentally opposing voter blocs with conflicting interests at almost every level. There's no way to combine them any longer.

I think within about ten to twenty years, blacks and whites will form up into some new kind of bloc since we have similar interests and the Latino bloc will dominate otherwise. If democrats take control of the Latino vote (which seems likely), then I suppose it will be the republican party that controls the white and black vote. Which implies the conservatives and libertarians have to fucking go.
The super predator shit didn't cost Hillary with Democrats in the primary, the little it did hurt her was enough for her to still steamroll Bernie with ease. Robert Byrd being her mentor didn't hurt her much with them either, and a photo with Biden holding up Byrd's hand won't either. It is not a dealbreaker, not even close.

Wishful thinking is a helluva drug, to the point where some folks can't see an obvious double standard is at play and Dems don't hold other Dems to the same standard they hold Republicans. Stop assuming the aren't hypocrites, it leads to idiotic analysis.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:34 am

Make an argument instead of spamming the forum with endless jackass proclamations.

In 2012, African-American voter participation exceeded that of white voters for the first time in our nation's history. The black vote made such an impact that, in 2012, it accounted for Obama's entire margin of victory in seven states, which included Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia (Cook Political Report 2015).

Black-voter participation has increased over the past three elections cycles since 2000 – that is, until Hillary Clinton led the ticket.

Clinton swayed popular black elites and icons such as President Barack and Michelle Obama, Jay Z, Beyoncé and even Ohio's own Lebron James to fan the country in key states – but to no avail.

So, what kept me and countless other black voters from rallying behind the Hillary train once voting day came on Nov. 8?
She is tied to Bill Clinton’s crime crackdown that resulted in the over-incarceration of young African-Americans
https://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/11/why-hil ... ntary.html
The black voter turnout rate declined for the first time in 20 years in a presidential election, falling to 59.6% in 2016 after reaching a record-high 66.6% in 2012.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... t-ballots/
acial minorities, especially black Americans, played a pivotal role in Barack Obama’s 2008 and 2012 presidential wins. Now, newly released Census Bureau data confirm what many have anticipated: that both minority and black voter turnout took a decided downturn in last November’s elections— helping to compound the impact of the
lower than 2012 vote margins that Democrat Hillary Clinton received in her loss to Donald Trump. Minority and black turnout was not only lower in the national statistics but also in key swing states.

The new census statistics, drawn from the Current Population Survey’s
November 2016 Voting and Registration supplement, estimate the eligible voter population (citizens over age 18) along with the voter population. This allows for the calculation of voter turnout rates— the percent of eligible voters that reported voting. Nationally, there was a tiny decline in overall voter turnout since 2012: 61.4 percent, down from 61.8 percent. But the shifts by race were more substantial.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-aven ... r-turnout/

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:38 am

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:34 am
Make an argument instead of spamming the forum with endless jackass proclamations.

In 2012, African-American voter participation exceeded that of white voters for the first time in our nation's history. The black vote made such an impact that, in 2012, it accounted for Obama's entire margin of victory in seven states, which included Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia (Cook Political Report 2015).

Black-voter participation has increased over the past three elections cycles since 2000 – that is, until Hillary Clinton led the ticket.

Clinton swayed popular black elites and icons such as President Barack and Michelle Obama, Jay Z, Beyoncé and even Ohio's own Lebron James to fan the country in key states – but to no avail.

So, what kept me and countless other black voters from rallying behind the Hillary train once voting day came on Nov. 8?
She is tied to Bill Clinton’s crime crackdown that resulted in the over-incarceration of young African-Americans
https://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/11/why-hil ... ntary.html
The black voter turnout rate declined for the first time in 20 years in a presidential election, falling to 59.6% in 2016 after reaching a record-high 66.6% in 2012.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... t-ballots/
acial minorities, especially black Americans, played a pivotal role in Barack Obama’s 2008 and 2012 presidential wins. Now, newly released Census Bureau data confirm what many have anticipated: that both minority and black voter turnout took a decided downturn in last November’s elections— helping to compound the impact of the
lower than 2012 vote margins that Democrat Hillary Clinton received in her loss to Donald Trump. Minority and black turnout was not only lower in the national statistics but also in key swing states.

The new census statistics, drawn from the Current Population Survey’s
November 2016 Voting and Registration supplement, estimate the eligible voter population (citizens over age 18) along with the voter population. This allows for the calculation of voter turnout rates— the percent of eligible voters that reported voting. Nationally, there was a tiny decline in overall voter turnout since 2012: 61.4 percent, down from 61.8 percent. But the shifts by race were more substantial.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-aven ... r-turnout/
Hillary killed it in the primary with black voters, she crushed Bernie with blacks. In the general it hurt her, but not the hardcore partisan primaries dummy. This will not hurt Biden in primary to any significant degree, he's going to win the black vote by a big margin and every poll of black support shows him dominating.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:38 am

You have no argument. Stop spamming our forum. Get fucked.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:40 am

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:38 am
You have no argument. Stop spamming our forum. Get fucked.
You have no argument. I make more arguments than you, when you are challenged, you don't defend them and just claim I have no argument right after I addressed your shitty argument with an infinitely better one. As soon as you realize you are losing the debate, you stop debating, and claim everyone else isn't debating and you're the only one doing so. You're a loon, no grasp on actual reality, zero self awareness.

You are the one spamming the forum, you turn every thread into a race or gender argument, you are the biggest spammer on the entire forum, and it's not even close.
*yip*