Common Sense 322 - Betting on Long Shots

Fife

Re: Common Sense 322 - Betting on Long Shots

Post by Fife » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:19 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:49 am

Ugly
. . .

3. Botched Implementation - Implementation of what ? Nation Building. This is not thinking outside the box. This is fully in the box of Progressivism. Nation Building is the only option, Why? Maybe the problem was Nation Building, forcing this culture to accept women leaders, to accept women with degrees in gender studies, to attempt to preach climate change to people living in dirt.
I'll echo DB in thanking you for your service, Gen. Carlus.

Like Smits, I had a pretty strong notion there was gonna be some lamenting of the snatching away of the rainbow latex dildos from the little Afghan children desperate for California-style drag queen story hour and gender reassignment.

(You all will forgive me a bit of artistic license, I trust.)

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:24 pm

I don't even think Carlin conceives of the kool-aid he has drunk

this Kool-aid is old, from when he was a boy, when I was a boy too

he thinks he's doing America a favour

but that is not the cult he has joined

he is advocating for the doomsday cult whether he realizes it or not

the left is a godless religion, the central tennant of the faith is the America is the real Evil Empire

so the Graveyard of Empires must come to pass as it is written in their gospels

America must pay a price for her sins, by bringing down the Empire of Liberty from within

Carlin is Woke, and he always was, and that's why I called him out, all those years ago
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:33 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:19 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:49 am

Ugly
. . .

3. Botched Implementation - Implementation of what ? Nation Building. This is not thinking outside the box. This is fully in the box of Progressivism. Nation Building is the only option, Why? Maybe the problem was Nation Building, forcing this culture to accept women leaders, to accept women with degrees in gender studies, to attempt to preach climate change to people living in dirt.
I'll echo DB in thanking you for your service, Gen. Carlus.

Like Smits, I had a pretty strong notion there was gonna be some lamenting of the snatching away of the rainbow latex dildos from the little Afghan children desperate for California-style drag queen story hour and gender reassignment.

(You all will forgive me a bit of artistic license, I trust.)

This guy gives us the real story.
Former Afghan interpreter says 'vast majority of Afghans' view Taliban as 'lesser of two evils' compared to the US
https://www.businessinsider.com/ex-afgh ... 021-9?op=1
It ties in nicely with your posted images.

As I was saying a while back. The Taliban didn't take Afghanistan, the Afghans weren't buying what we've been selling for 20 years and were happy to resume their old ways as soon as we left.

They rejected Washington DC, just like we do.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:39 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:24 pm

the left is a godless religion, the central tennant of the faith is the America is the real Evil Empire

America must pay a price for her sins, by bringing down the Empire of Liberty from within

Carlin is Woke, and he always was, and that's why I called him out, all those years ago

Nothing in that show is 'Alien Outsider' thinking. It's all about being locked into the century old Wilsonian Progressive box.

Nation Building was our only option once we invaded. There's the box, Dan likes to say see I said it would fail, it had to go this way. Yeah, if you are trying to Nation Build with one model, making a globohomo Lefty State.

It is a death cult to watch it fail in Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq and keep attempting it. Alien Outsider thinking is saying, well. What if we promoted breaking up Iraq or Afghanistan into independent tribal states. What if we kept Afghanistan but let them decide what their culture looks like.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but giving the Afghans Levis and Rock and Roll failed.
PLATA O PLOMO

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:44 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:39 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:24 pm

Nothing in that show is 'Alien Outsider' thinking. It's all about being locked into the century old Wilsonian Progressive box.

Nation Building was our only option once we invaded. There's the box, Dan likes to say see I said it would fail, it had to go this way. Yeah, if you are trying to Nation Build with one model, making a globohomo Lefty State.

It is a death cult to watch it fail in Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq and keep attempting it. Alien Outsider thinking is saying, well. What if we promoted breaking up Iraq or Afghanistan into independent tribal states. What if we kept Afghanistan but let them decide what their culture looks like.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but giving the Afghans Levis and Rock and Roll failed.
it's worse than Wilsonian

Woodrow Wilson was a fool, but he didn't resent America, he wasn't trying to bring America down

this Democrat party morphed into something else, back in the 60's

it started with the Anti-Vietnam protests, but that was just a pretext

from there is quickly became Woke, this shit is not new

they pulled it right out of Communist Weimar into their Hippie Dippie Woodstock festival

but now that the pocket is collapsing, now that the Hegenomy is contracting, it's back, as the doomsday cult

Marty is right, MAGA was a revival, which lasted from 1980 till 2000

but when the Towers fell, the new golden age was ended, and in its wake, has come this Jonestown cult on a massive scale
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:11 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:57 am

If at first the joke falls flat, double down with an image.
It was worth checking out this thread just for the nostalgia cat balls....

Not surprised about Carlin tho....

I skip common sense unless someone tells me not to.

Hardcore history is still on my active podcast list.... although that has slowed down to about once a year, it seems.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:13 pm

I listened to the whole thing but didn’t really feel like I was paying attention
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:35 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:06 am

he's apparently just discovered that the Soviet invasion was provoked by the CIA six months beforehand back in 1979

it's a lot of old news, he's talking to people who don't follow these things at all

he doesn't really have any specific analysis of what is happening in real time
That's probably my biggest gripe of the show, (I listened to about 20 minutes). There's really nothing all that substantive about the show. My second biggest gripe is how boring it is.

I can deal with boring, if there's good information. I can even deal with shitty information if its entertaining. But, the thrust of the show seems to be we got sucked in and there's no good way to get out. I mean, everyone knows that, everyones saying that. Does the show get any better after the half way mark?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:41 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:35 pm
Does the show get any better after the half way mark?
No.
However, he is taking on the snotty, condescending attitude of Lefties who think they are smarter than everyone else.
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:25 am

doc_loliday wrote:Does the show get any better after the half way mark?
nope

boring and lacking substance pretty much sums it up
*yip*