Common Sense 321 - Garbage In, Garbage Out

Martin Hash

Re: Common Sense 321 - Garbage In, Garbage Out

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:20 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:18 am
That's the old fighting never solved anything BS. wammen push in school

In reality, fighting solves everything.
Exactly: no fighting, don't bully, share, respect one another, blah, blah, blah.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:22 am

Dan Carlin is on my no-click list, along with Twitter, FB, and all other internet-related douchebaggery that has made it clear they view me as an enemy. Depriving these assholes of the tiny revenue stream I provide is insignificant, I know. But refusing to lend strength to those who wish to harm you is a good practice, nonetheless.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:25 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:22 am
Dan Carlin is on my no-click list, along with Twitter, FB, and all other internet-related douchebaggery that has made it clear they view me as an enemy. Depriving these assholes of the tiny revenue stream I provide is insignificant, I know. But refusing to lend strength to those who wish to harm you is a good practice, nonetheless.
I've gone even farther: I refuse to watch or listen to the "news." I Block anyone spouting NPC bs. I walk away from any conversation where NPC bs comes up. If someone scolds me; damn, you'd love to be here when I respond.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:38 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:09 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:52 pm
Fife wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:04 pm

Dan wouldn't last 10 minutes defending an episode with level of shitte on his forum back around 2012 or so. Neither would any fanbois.
No kidding.

There was nearly malicious tone in his voice for his fellow Americans.
See, I think Dan always counted himself among the flag wavers in the country. Trump's election was a hard wake-up call for him that he wasn't who he thought he was, so he ran to the other camp, and now counts himself among their number because they're the True Patriots. He's adopting their methodology with regards to dealing with people they disagree with.

I think we all forget that Dan was a radio guy, and was basically an Erick Erickson-tier host. He is interested in history, can read long books, and got in on the podcasting thing early. Those are the keys to why he was successful. He doesn't add that much to the discourse anymore. He basically set the foundation for my current view on history/politics, but once you figure out his shtick, you can reproduce it yourself.
Dan went Disney.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:41 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:19 am
I get the feeling from Dan it's safe to podcast on current events again.

Pretty fucking cowardly.
That is the worst truth. Next up Dan restarts his forum again.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:44 am

DBTrek wrote:

I'm doing it too.
Which sucks, and I don't want to do. But its like having that old friend and catching him stealing from you. At some point you have to cut them loose.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:57 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:44 am
DBTrek wrote:

I'm doing it too.
Which sucks, and I don't want to do. But its like having that old friend and catching him stealing from you. At some point you have to cut them loose.
Yeah, I had a pretty good connection with Dan Carlin (not close to the guy, but a few private convos here and there) for years ... but he's shifted his moral compass so drastically there's not really any common ground left.
It is sad.
But .... two tears in a bucket. Fuckit.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:01 am

I just pour one out for the dead homie. Hardcore History is hard to listen to at this point.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:38 am

Haumana wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:01 am
I just pour one out for the dead homie. Hardcore History is hard to listen to at this point.
Yup. I removed CS and HH from my podcast app. I’m not supporting him anymore.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:47 am

Haumana wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:01 am
But American Racism. And here are excuses why the Japs were brutal, and the Americans killed people too.

Never mentioning that over 40% of all Japanese prisoners died.

They were murdered, burned alive, bayoneted and left for dead, or just starved and worked to death.

But pay attention to how racist Americans are
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience