Common Sense 320 - Steering the ship into the Ice Berg

Martin Hash

Re: Common Sense 320 - Steering the ship into the Ice Berg

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:11 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:09 pm
Its sad seeing Dan Carlin slide into neoliberal acceptance and even supporting. Its also like he wont acknowledge the theses in books like Albion Seed, Nine Nations of North America, or Eleven American Nations etc. We have never been one country culturally/socially. Dan's obsessed or use to be with the old Whig party which is hilarious and nonsensical. The "free trade" party that existed for like 15 years or so. He also like that John Quincy Adams quote about foreign wars. He doesn't acknowledge that what the usa is that it has been formed by basically three main governing political theories. Which were advocated by Jefferson, Hamilton, and Q. Adams respectively. Tldr, Jefferson wanted small ward republics, Hamilton a more centralized banking/powerhouse, and Adamsian proto progressive policies that would become the Republican party in the 1860s and ironically that finds its expression today in the Democratic party. This *progressive* fervor that can only be quenched by total technocratic control.
It's like you do podcasts or something.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:16 pm

It'll never happen but I'd love to interview Dan about historiography and his view on Americanism / political theory. What might happen (possible at least) is in a year or so Darryl Cooper will come on my podcast to have a conversation about cyclical history vs. other theories of history and maybe chat a little bit about Shakespearean and Greek tragedies lol. Which is what he first responded to me about all these years ago through email.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:32 pm

I gave up on CS when it became obvious that we got the outsider Dan wanted, and all he could do was complain how bad Trump was.

I don't think I've gotten through one since without bailing out before the end.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:14 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:32 pm
I gave up on CS when it became obvious that we got the outsider Dan wanted, and all he could do was complain how bad Trump was.

I don't think I've gotten through one since without bailing out before the end.
I agree with the sentiment, but Trump was NOT the outsider Dan wanted

Dan's hypothetical outsider is childishly perfect and a complete Goldilocks, he is a bold rebel but also a conformist, from outside the political system but also great at politics, fights the system viciously but never says anything vicious, etc

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:37 pm

Dan’s the very definition of a cuck. I no longer respect his opinion but I’ll listen to his history podcast.

Trump was a great litmus test for people I’d like to talk to.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change