Common Sense 320 - Steering the ship into the Ice Berg

C-Mag

Re: Common Sense 320 - Steering the ship into the Ice Berg

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:56 pm

The most egregious action by the US Government in the last 50 years was our destruction of Libya for no fucking reason.

Dan has never addressed it, but hes not alone.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:59 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:25 pm
doc_loliday wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:21 pm
nmoore63 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:18 pm
Decentralization is the only hope against violent disunion or global tyranny.
Agreed. Too much federal power makes every issue a national crisis and your enemies are people you don't even know.
Tbf, Dan came pretty close to realizing this, about halfway in. He sort of brushed it aside though.
I agree, there was a spot there where he almost said, maybe Oregon and Mississippi shouldnt fight a death match in dc.... but he shied away from it. Cannot contemplate disunion as a possible good option. Would rather forget the world and blue pill back into the matrix.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:04 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:48 pm

Good to see you, Nick. Hope the family business is going well. I haven't seen you since I came back.

When you make the Cypher reference, are you saying that Dan is going in this direction cynically? Like, he knows it's BS and inconsistent with his prior viewpoint, but he's doing it anyway for the financial security that comes with towing the line?
Super Busy, but well. The current economy has lots of opportunity to help but its twice as much work per unit as it used to be.
How about you?

I think Dan saw the world as it was, and wants to go back. Would rather vote for the duopoly than fight for a better world.
He would rather forget he saw it and just be a member of his team. Blue Team in this instance.

He has declined the fight.

Looked into the Palantir.

There are many pop culture references you could use.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:06 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:33 pm
Also, I'm not sure how a democrat lead cabal that declares any Trump victory to be null and void is any better than Trump declaring any loss to be invalid. The democrats and corporate media have already explicitly stated they will not accept a loss and have promised to burn the country down if they lose. Remind me why that's a better option?
Yeah the Trump defying the election results was an odd example. We can link to article after article of the Blue Team already laying the ground work for not accepting the election results.

Perhaps that makes it a good example to see where he is coming from.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:07 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:04 pm
Xenophon wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:48 pm

Good to see you, Nick. Hope the family business is going well. I haven't seen you since I came back.

When you make the Cypher reference, are you saying that Dan is going in this direction cynically? Like, he knows it's BS and inconsistent with his prior viewpoint, but he's doing it anyway for the financial security that comes with towing the line?
Super Busy, but well. The current economy has lots of opportunity to help but its twice as much work per unit as it used to be.
How about you?

I think Dan saw the world as it was, and wants to go back. Would rather vote for the duopoly than fight for a better world.
He would rather forget he saw it and just be a member of his team. Blue Team in this instance.

He has declined the fight.

Looked into the Palantir.

There are many pop culture references you could use.
Makes sense. He wanted the trophy without having to spend blood, sweat, and tears to get it. I think Boethius was the first person to call him a cuck on the DCF. Called it before any of us, I guess.

I've been doing well. My industry has been unaffected by the pandemic, so it's been business as usual for me. Even got a raise.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:08 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:59 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:25 pm
doc_loliday wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:21 pm

Agreed. Too much federal power makes every issue a national crisis and your enemies are people you don't even know.
Tbf, Dan came pretty close to realizing this, about halfway in. He sort of brushed it aside though.
I agree, there was a spot there where he almost said, maybe Oregon and Mississippi shouldnt fight a death match in dc.... but he shied away from it. Cannot contemplate disunion as a possible good option. Would rather forget the world and blue pill back into the matrix.
That’s pretty much Boomers in a nutshell.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:27 pm

Not free. One has to suffer the adverts. But yeah, he ain't the alien he purported himself to be.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:20 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:12 pm
Be wary of people of that have a cult of personality. Trump's got that going on for sure.
Ah yes, the cult of personality, luckily only Trump presents this danger and not anyone else.

Excuse me while I light my HRC prayer candle