Common Sense 320 - Steering the ship into the Ice Berg

C-Mag

Re: Common Sense 320 - Steering the ship into the Ice Berg

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:07 pm

Or we can just take to the street as he suggests.

Go to his house, mostly peaceful protest

:angelic-blueglow: :whistle:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:12 pm

Be wary of people of that have a cult of personality. Trump's got that going on for sure. I get it, a century of liberal domination, it's nice to see the conservatives make inches of ground instead of just getting dragged leftward a little slower than the libs would like. I think leaders like Trump trend poorly historically and it worries me.

But for someone as paranoid of civil liberties and increasing state power as Dan purports to, he sure does ignore and rationalize it when it comes to the mob. How anyone can justify the Orwellian assault on all common sense? How can a liberty loving person support a violent tyrannical insurrection? It's so frustrating to hear.
Last edited by doc_loliday on Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:18 pm

I talked to Dan as well.
I don't think you can talk Cypher back. He knows what he is doing

As to Trump, he's far more Pompey or Hindenberg than he is Caesar or Hitler.

The assaults on civil liberties are coming from all sides. The best one can do is try and defuse DC. Attempt to decrease the number of issues that are decided there. Decentralization is the only hope against violent disunion or global tyranny.

-----
I mean, I'm voting Jo, but I don't live in a swing state so my vote in Trump v Biden wouldn't matter anyway.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:19 pm

"I was all-in on democracy for everything, until I started losing elections. Now we need to take some radical steps to save this nation from itself"
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:21 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:18 pm
Decentralization is the only hope against violent disunion or global tyranny.
Agreed. Too much federal power makes every issue a national crisis and your enemies are people you don't even know.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:25 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:21 pm
nmoore63 wrote:
Decentralization is the only hope against violent disunion or global tyranny.
Agreed. Too much federal power makes every issue a national crisis and your enemies are people you don't even know.
Tbf, Dan came pretty close to realizing this, about halfway in. He sort of brushed it aside though.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:30 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:25 pm
Tbf, Dan came pretty close to realizing this, about halfway in. He sort of brushed it aside though.
He touched on a few things that were right, but turns around on any kind of liberty minded solutions. Since when are wild swings of public opinion leading to drastic policy changes good for any society? The people are a power too that need to be checked. Stability comes when reforms are made by the consent of a large portion of society. Acquiescing to the mob, abandoning civil liberties to fight an authoritarian is a sidegrade at the very best.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:33 pm

Also, I'm not sure how a democrat lead cabal that declares any Trump victory to be null and void is any better than Trump declaring any loss to be invalid. The democrats and corporate media have already explicitly stated they will not accept a loss and have promised to burn the country down if they lose. Remind me why that's a better option?

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:48 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
I talked to Dan as well.
I don't think you can talk Cypher back. He knows what he is doing

As to Trump, he's far more Pompey or Hindenberg than he is Caesar or Hitler.

The assaults on civil liberties are coming from all sides. The best one can do is try and defuse DC. Attempt to decrease the number of issues that are decided there. Decentralization is the only hope against violent disunion or global tyranny.

-----
I mean, I'm voting Jo, but I don't live in a swing state so my vote in Trump v Biden wouldn't matter anyway.
Good to see you, Nick. Hope the family business is going well. I haven't seen you since I came back.

When you make the Cypher reference, are you saying that Dan is going in this direction cynically? Like, he knows it's BS and inconsistent with his prior viewpoint, but he's doing it anyway for the financial security that comes with towing the line?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:54 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:19 pm
"I was all-in on democracy for everything, until I started losing elections. Now we need to take some radical steps to save this nation from itself"
+1
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience