C-Mag

Common Sense 320 - Steering the ship into the Ice Berg

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:24 am

Common Sense 320 - Steering the ship into the Ice Berg

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The Good
1. It only cost me 73 minutes of my life

The Bad
1. Dan says Black Lives Matter would like and support a Thomas Jefferson type country.
This is ridiculous. TJ would never go for someone can say BLM, but the other guy can't say All Lives Matter. And that's just one point. Later Dan talks about the bad optics of BLM forcing people to raise the first and recite after them, but I guess Dan thinks Thomas Jefferson would be OK with that tyranny.

2. Dan says I'm scared of the Mob.
And he spends 73 minutes placating them.

3. Dan Quotes Mattis about Trump.
The explains Orange Man Bad from Mattis perspective. Earlier in the show Dan mentions how bad it is we are in 180 countries, but Dan doesn't mention what Mattis said to him when Dan confronted Mattis about the General being pro intervention.

4. Dan openly Coaches the Commies rioting on how to have better optics.
He talks about the the assassination attempt on two cops, says, 'Meh, this happens'. But the big problem was people in the videos with positive comments about the shooting. The shooting wasn't bad, just the comments. :doh:
He actually spends a lot of time coaching the Commies on better optics in different situation. But never openly condemns the violence itself, other than to drive home the point that it makes his team look bad.

5. Punch a Nazi
Dan delivery makes you believe there are actual Nazis out there that need punching, but if you do it, bad optics. The assumption that opponents to the Commies are Nazis is ridiculous.

The Ugly
1. In the middle and near the end, Dan promotes a policy of taking away peoples voting rights.
The two criteria are, believing in too many Conspiracy Theories, and wanting a Civil War. Qanon is mentioned as a Conspiracy theory. No mention if believing in MK Ultra, Cointelpro or anything Bill Binney says will make you lose your voting rights under Dan Carlin.

2. Dan gets triggered by Trump saying the only way he will lose is if it's rigged.
However, he ignores tons of articles and experts proclaiming it will look like Trump wins on election night, but eventually Biden will win. How the fuck is that supposed to work DAN ?

3. Trump is the only guy steering us to ACW2.
Dan's not this stupid, but its clear now, he is this partisan.

4. Dan Endorses Joe Biden for POTUS

5. Dan says he's a constitutionalist
OK, what Constitutional laws is tyrant Trump breaking? He can list none. But he's suddenly for taking away peoples voting rights because of thought crimes. Claims Biden is the right guy in this arena, but Biden is on the record saying there will be mandatory mask laws, while courts keep deciding mandatory mask and lock down laws are unconstitutional.

6. Claims Trump is an Authoritarian, not a Constitutionalist
Dan talks a bunch about the Second Amendment in this one. But he ignores the most Liberty minded thing Trump has done during COVID, making 2A essential. Body Checking tons of Dem pseudo tyrants who wanted to stop all gun sales and manufacture. Ignores Trump not using a heavy hand on riots. Meanwhile, Biden has been clear on guns, you'd only be allowed a shotgun under Biden.

End Summary
If you are a praying person, you might want to pray for Dan. He has TDS pretty bad.

Gone are the days of objectivity. He sees DJT as the worst tyrant in history. Ignoring the excesses of Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson and FDR to name a few. This is really bad for a guy that has become known as an authority on history. He's willing to ignore all his previous positions on Liberty and the Constitution.
Last edited by C-Mag on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

apeman

Re: Common Sense 320 - Steering the ship into the Ice Berg

Post by apeman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:37 am

step 1: we the people is Good
step 2: orange man bad
step 3: we the people maybe not so Good

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:39 am

Dan says he's no longer Jeffersonian. He prides himself on not being Jacksonian, and mourns his slide towards the views of Adams. But in truth, no founding father ever accepted leftist violence as a given, while proposing disenfranchising citizens to protect them from possible right wing future-crimes. Dan's not spiritually aligned with founding father whatsoever. He's your wine auntie who thinks any insane thing she demands is justified by "Orange Man Bad". If you don't believe me, check the tweets.

Trump super-duper bad.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:47 am

Dan is like "I didn't do great in Psych class" and then proceeds to analyze the true inner motivations of others

I am 15 minutes in does it get better or worse?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:01 am

apeman wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:47 am
Dan is like "I didn't do great in Psych class" and then proceeds to analyze the true inner motivations of others

I am 15 minutes in does it get better or worse?
Oh, buckle up.

You haven't even gotten to the good stuff
PLATA O PLOMO

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:08 am

Can we crowd-write a letter and have it delivered to Dan on behalf of the MHF, outlining our disappointment with the betrayal of his own principles? We all interacted with him directly before he got too scared of Nukedog and shut his forum down. We're probably the only people left who can remember what he used to stand for.

Shutting his forum down seemed to be the first step in scrubbing his presence online in order to re-invent himself into a more acceptable figure for the Cathedral. It was right around the time he joined up with some PR agency, like a month before his forum was deleted.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:10 am

^ he's right, you know

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:29 am

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:08 am
Can we crowd-write a letter and have it delivered to Dan on behalf of the MHF, outlining our disappointment with the betrayal of his own principles? We all interacted with him directly before he got too scared of Nukedog and shut his forum down. We're probably the only people left who can remember what he used to stand for.

Shutting his forum down seemed to be the first step in scrubbing his presence online in order to re-invent himself into a more acceptable figure for the Cathedral. It was right around the time he joined up with some PR agency, like a month before his forum was deleted.
We should have our best Wordsmith pen the letter, ain't me.

We are victims of Cancel Culture. What happened to us, if not Canceled ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:46 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:29 am
Xenophon wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:08 am

We should have our best Wordsmith pen the letter, ain't me.

We are victims of Cancel Culture. What happened to us, if not Canceled ?
Either DB or Martin would be a good choice, I think, but I'd write it if you guys would help me on the content. I don't expect the letter to get to Dan, or to matter to him in comparison to the money he gets from his overlords, but we are effectively the grassroots that propelled Dan to where he is currently through our support of the product. He's mentioned several old DCF Forumites by name in his show, so we hold at least some space in his head.

I guess this is how dirty hippies must feel when their coffee shop band gets a record contract and goes mainstream.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:55 am

I already sent my anti-fan mail to Dan .... so Martin or Xeno should take the lead.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"