Common Sense 316 - The Day of the Dove

DBTrek

Re: Common Sense 316 - The Day of the Dove

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:16 pm

jbird4049 wrote:You do read history right?
Enough to get a degree in it, yes.
After seeing the social chaos and violence sewn by the government, after witnessing their consistently anti-American message, their degradation of our institutions and traditions...
Hey blather-monkey, Dan talked specifically about the bombings perpetrated by the Weathermen and the Black Panthers agitation for armed insurrection. Not exactly examples of "the government" degrading our institutions, eh? Instead of regaling me with your wrote, non-researched, and stale talking points why don't you engage in what the lay people call "conversation"?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:21 pm

DBTrek wrote: Hey blather-monkey, Dan talked specifically about the bombings perpetrated by the Weathermen and the Black Panthers agitation for armed insurrection. Not exactly examples of "the government" degrading our institutions, eh? Instead of regaling me with your wrote, non-researched, and stale talking points why don't you engage in what the lay people call "conversation"?
Phoenix University?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:32 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
DBTrek wrote: Hey blather-monkey, Dan talked specifically about the bombings perpetrated by the Weathermen and the Black Panthers agitation for armed insurrection. Not exactly examples of "the government" degrading our institutions, eh? Instead of regaling me with your wrote, non-researched, and stale talking points why don't you engage in what the lay people call "conversation"?
Phoenix University?
That's harsh, man. :-)
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Harsh? Hah. It's a common defense mechanism when you guys overstep your bounds and come off looking like idiots.
You tried to condescend about history to a guy with a history degree, so Grumpy reflexively rides in to save you from your foolish misstep by insinuating that I must have gotten it from a questionable source.

Yet the fact remains, you look ridiculous, and he's adorably defensive when leftist clowns come up on the short end of an education duel. After all, if you can't wave your false claims of superior knowledge over others then you have to argue based on facts and merit.
And you both know in that contest you have no chance.
;)

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:25 pm

DBTrek wrote:Harsh? Hah. It's a common defense mechanism when you guys overstep your bounds and come off looking like idiots.
You tried to condescend about history to a guy with a history degree, so Grumpy reflexively rides in to save you from your foolish misstep by insinuating that I must have gotten it from a questionable source.

Yet the fact remains, you look ridiculous, and he's adorably defensive when leftist clowns come up on the short end of an education duel. After all, if you can't wave your false claims of superior knowledge over others then you have to argue based on facts and merit.
And you both know in that contest you have no chance.
;)
Look more closely at the post.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:33 pm

:evil:
Bah.

"Rote".

Fuckit.
:lol:

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:35 pm

DBTrek wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:You do read history right?
Enough to get a degree in it, yes.
After seeing the social chaos and violence sewn by the government, after witnessing their consistently anti-American message, their degradation of our institutions and traditions...
Hey blather-monkey, Dan talked specifically about the bombings perpetrated by the Weathermen and the Black Panthers agitation for armed insurrection. Not exactly examples of "the government" degrading our institutions, eh? Instead of regaling me with your wrote, non-researched, and stale talking points why don't you engage in what the lay people call "conversation"?

You seem to be focused on some of the extremists groups of the sixties, or about 15 years, instead of the other 23 decades, or 226 years of our glorious history.

If we are going by what might very loosely be called conservative since we are including private actors like the Weather Underground, and the degradation of our institutions.

More or less off the top of my head and in rough chronological order:

1) Cherokee Removals (Violated treaties,laws and Supreme Court Decision)
2) Actually the ethnic cleansing of the entire South in the 19th Century
3) California Indian Genocide of 1849-1850 (Numbers varies a lot, but population drop from 170,000 to 50,000? Includes wholesale massacres by military, and by civilians. Bounties for scalps of any age paid by the state government. There's a book on the subject, but I like to eat, and it's my state. So it's extra depressing.)
4) Ku Klux Klan (want a list? It is a bit long. ;) )
5) Armed Coups of several Southern Towns (Post Recontruction) I can't remember the names so google or my books later
6) Wounded Knee Massacre
7) Sand Creek Massacre
8) Sundown Towns just about everywhere
9) Jim Crow
10) Ludlow Massacre
11) Town Of Rosewood
12) Battle of Blair Mountain
13) Palmer Raid
14) 1921 Tulsa City Bombing/Burnings/Murders
15) Ford Massacre (Union Auto Workers Strike)
16) Redlining (Actual enforced by the Federal Government until early 1970s)
17) Japanese-American Interment (100,000+)
18) McCarthyism
19) Cointelpro
20) Philadelphia City Bombing
21) Oklahoma City Bombing
22) Waco Siege
23) Ruby Ridge
24) Tulia Drug Arrests (~1999)
25) and I just have to add the Know Nothing Party (Political Party of the 1850s)
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:06 am

Yeah, but Hillary.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:45 am

jbird4049 wrote:You seem to be focused on some of the extremists groups of the sixties, or about 15 years, instead of the other 23 decades, or 226 years of our glorious history.
What's the title of the thread, genius?
Let me help you out: Common Sense 316 - The Day of the Dove
What time period did Dan use to discuss what he thinks a modern day American Civil war would look like?
Derp, derp,derp.

That's ok, you wanted to vent about how evil America is (of course you do) so let's check that list out:
1) Cherokee Removals (Violated treaties,laws and Supreme Court Decision)
Did I mention the Cherokee owned slaves? So it was heroic for the North to violate the right of the South to secede because "slavery", but removing a bunch of slaving Indians, why that's a crime against humanity! Explain that one, history prof. :lol: Then you can explain the Treaty of New Echota, where the Cherokee signed their land away and agreed to be moved west.

Points 2,3,5,6, & 7 are all more whining about the Native Americans with the typical, laughable, leftist stereotypes of them being a bunch of love-hippies living peacefully in tune with nature before a bunch of swarthy white men come and murder them for no reason. At this point, we all should be asking if *you* have read any history.
4) Ku Klux Klan (want a list? It is a bit long. ;) )
That organization founded for "launching a reign of terror against Republican leaders black and white". The one that forced members to vote democrat? Now, if you actually knew history you'd try to argue that Nixon's Southern strategy flipped the parties, but you'd also have to concede that you were talking about the third incarnation of the KKK at that point (you did know there were multiple KKK's, right?), and you'd also be wrong there as well for reasons too detailed to type out before my morning coffee.

Jeez, the rest of your list reads like a bad tumblr feed loosely based of the intellectually deficient history screeds of Howard Zinn. Suffice to say, your predicatable "AMERICA IS EVIL CUZ . . ." list is full of examples that cite precisely how little you actually know about history. It highlights that what you connsider your historical knowledge is actually a list of cherry-picked incidents, framed completely out of context, and viewed exclusively through the lens of modern day liberalism.

That is to say you have liberal, public education talking points, framed in an Anti-American narrative which you confuse for historical knowledge.
But you don't know history.

apeman

Post by apeman » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:01 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
apeman wrote:
Since shit posting with you assholes for like only 2 years, I am no longer an atheist, am less libertarian, bought my first gun and want another, and probably more.

Assholes.
Waiminit.

Did you just say that the DCF/MHF brought you to Jesus? Literally? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I didn't say that at all, while I am out learning new things and opening my mind to new ideas, you remain as always a complete a total moron, with pitiful reading comprehension, who has never given a charitable interpretation to any opposing viewpoint in your entire life.

I was just noting the huge changes I have undergone over 2 years, whereas before I started exploring new things and trying new ideas I knew everything and was master of everything -- just like you -- and since I have learned how much I don't know.

I also said nothing about jesus or any particular religion, but I am learning to accept the limitations of what I do understand.

You are a toxic moron who will never ever grow unless you grow the fuck up.