Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:11 pm

apeman wrote:Podcast #4 blew my mind.
You mean "Maps of Meaning"?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

jbird4049

Re: Common Sense 316 - The Day of the Dove

Post by jbird4049 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
Dan Carlin wrote:the Portland stabbing suspect was a Sanders supporter? I don't see anything that backs up that claim. He's a white supremacist.
Dan Carlin's "Day of the Derp."
How could a Bernie bro possibly be a white supremacist? Dan's wearing blinders.
I personally believe the guy was nuts--that's not a default position for me--unlike the Welsh van driver who plowed into the Muslims (for example); but the Portland slasher had Bernie bro written all over his FaceBook page. The only way Dan couldn't see that was by not looking, and he tried to use it to counterbalance the attempted assassination of Republican congressmen!
So, there you go--he sets himself off as seeing The Hated boiling over on both sides before tripping the light fantastic back to the sixties when things were really bad.
Whatev's, Dan Blather. :|
Inciting anger, and hate, is a political tool, which this country's political establishment has been doing increasing amounts of. It bypasses the thinking part of the brain, and goes right into the "arrrgh me crush, me kill" part.

And the sixties were bad, and how would we react to it now?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:16 pm

How would we react now?

Empirical evidence indicates we'd whine about it on social media, forever.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
apeman wrote:Podcast #4 blew my mind.
You mean "Maps of Meaning"?
No it is an interview, episodes is Religion, Myth, Science, Truth

A lot of these ideas were new to me, and the connecting of the dots was new to me

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:42 pm

jbird4049 wrote:Inciting anger, and hate, is a political tool, which this country's political establishment has been doing increasing amounts of. It bypasses the thinking part of the brain, and goes right into the "arrrgh me crush, me kill" part.
I agree with Dan inasmuch as such gibbering affects potentially weaker minds (not exclusively nutters), but why is it nearly always on the left?
That's a rhetorical question, by the way.
EDIT
Last edited by Alexander PhiAlipson on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Here's something I'd like to have posed to Dan - specifically when he talks about the chaos of the 60's, and the 80+ bombs/bomb threats a day, and the social upheaval, the riots, etc . . . then says Nixon took steps that were considered totalitarian but we wouldn't blink at today.

Is it possible that the reason people are willing to let "totalitarians" take things so far these days without blinking is precisely because they've seen what the political left is capable of when left on a relatively loose leash? I get it. The message is supposed to be "When the government gets tyrannical then the good people rise up to challenge the evil government and win the day". Very Star Wars.
But what if it's actually the converse that's true?
What if it's "After seeing the social chaos and violence sewn by the left, after witnessing their consistently anti-American message, their degradation of our institutions and traditions, Americans are now much more open to the idea of letting the US government lock them in Gitmo for a good torture session"?

Maybe that's why what Nixon did in the 60's wouldn't phase anyone living today.
Maybe Americans have a better understanding of who they're actually dealing with. :twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:01 pm

:clap:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:07 pm

apeman wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Heh. Why do I think he's thinking of me when he's describing the shooter? lel
No offense but I thought of you.

And more importantly, early on Dan was like "someone wrote a letter calling me an old irrelevant liberal and it really cut me up."

So

Which one of you wrote it? :twisted:

Anyway, too early to comment as I only listened to the beginning, might have missed CM's Good, Bad and Ugly, if he in fact posted it here.

I've been on a hardcore Jordan Petersen kick, got no time for this Dan Carlin stuff.
I'm non violent as long as the NAP isn't violated though... :(

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:45 pm

DBTrek wrote:Here's something I'd like to have posed to Dan - specifically when he talks about the chaos of the 60's, and the 80+ bombs/bomb threats a day, and the social upheaval, the riots, etc . . . then says Nixon took steps that were considered totalitarian but we wouldn't blink at today.

Is it possible that the reason people are willing to let "totalitarians" take things so far these days without blinking is precisely because they've seen what the political left is capable of when left on a relatively loose leash? I get it. The message is supposed to be "When the government gets tyrannical then the good people rise up to challenge the evil government and win the day". Very Star Wars.
But what if it's actually the converse that's true?
What if it's "After seeing the social chaos and violence sewn by the left, after witnessing their consistently anti-American message, their degradation of our institutions and traditions, Americans are now much more open to the idea of letting the US government lock them in Gitmo for a good torture session"?

Maybe that's why what Nixon did in the 60's wouldn't phase anyone living today.
Maybe Americans have a better understanding of who they're actually dealing with. :twisted:
You do read history right?

After seeing the social chaos and violence sewn by the government, after witnessing their consistently anti-American message, their degradation of our institutions and traditions...

Blaming everything on this shadowy malevolent mysterious all powerful "Left" and then saying we should get rid of all our Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence, the courts, trial by juries, laws, rights, traditions, and any form of due process is a good way to destroy what makes our country good, and is anti-American.

All in order to make us "safe?"

Also last I checked we were founded out of revolution against a government which did not respect us, our rights, nor its responsibilities to the people.

Or do you believe like that general during the Vietnam war said "we had to destroy the village in order to save the village?"
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:08 pm

apeman wrote:
Since shit posting with you assholes for like only 2 years, I am no longer an atheist, am less libertarian, bought my first gun and want another, and probably more.

Assholes.
Waiminit.

Did you just say that the DCF/MHF brought you to Jesus? Literally? :lol: :lol: :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0