MartyrMade

Martin Hash

Re: MartyrMade

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:26 pm

By your definition, every fucking doctor is a narcissist.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:46 pm

I think you’ve described a sociopath…
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:19 pm

:geek:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:46 pm
I think you’ve described a sociopath…
A sociopath is simply someone who is not cowed by social conventions: they have analyzed the pros & cons of their actions, and chosen based on the merits. All achievement-based people are sociopaths, no morals are going to stop them on their own without a penalty.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:21 pm

A psychopath enjoys inflicting pain on people who don’t want it. A sadist enjoys inflicting pain on people who like it, which are called masochists.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:24 pm

The pejorative use of the word “narcissist” is entirely an expression of envy & resentment.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:33 pm

I think you've redefined all of the commonly known pathologies now... You'll probably want to write a book at some point..

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:41 pm

I’ve covered all this in my podcasts that you don’t listen to. It’s called “PRay, TeLL, Dr. Hash,” because I’m a doctor.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:35 pm

Hey man, don't let me stand in the way of a redefinition of psychology. Not my field.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:41 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:35 pm
Not my field.
I’ll just let this sit here…

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:46 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:41 pm
I’ll just let this sit here…
Of the personality disorders - the two most robustly validated are

Borderline Personality Disorder - Otto Kernberg was the pioneer in the field.

and Narcissistic Personality Disorder - Heinz Kohut was the pioneer in laying this one out.

Both diagnoses have passed the test of reliability over time (unlike more than a few other DSM diagnoses)

Narcissistic Personality Disorder has many possible origins, but classically those with this disorder were both protected from the consequences of their actions and told over and over how valuable and great they were by an influential parent at an early age. Some, in addition, were naturally gifted, or good looking and accumulated early rewards for these attributes, but then (here's the key) closed the gates to further learning and doubled down on these assets, rather than continuing to mature. As a result the ego stopped allowing critical information into the system, so as to course correct. Stubborn unwillingness to admit actual failure or criticism and an idealization or devaluation of others and an idealization of the self until depression strikes.... these are the core characteristics of the narcissist... according to the DSM. Nowhere have I seen the "beta cuck" subtype as defined by Cooper, although I don't doubt the reality of this type... but I have seen a few subtypes defined - you can find five on the NPD wikipedia page.

Borderline PD in contrast is more of a fractured ego than an overly inflated one. The Borderline, unlike the typical Narcisisst suffered shattering blows to the ego in early life and never recovered. They are (at some level) terrified of abandonment and engage in desperate and (usually) poorly skilled manipulation in order to either avoid abandonment again or punish the perceived abandoner (usually both). The most classic borderline tactic is threatened suicide. (It is possible to fluctuate between these states, i.e. inflated ego until a breaking point and then desperate borderline behaviour and then back again)...

This online personality course is also available at a subscription rate.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty