MartyrMade

Martin Hash

Re: MartyrMade

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:58 am

Narcissism is a psychiatric condition that has little to do with the common usage of the word as a pejorative. They’re easily identified toxic-personality control-seeking manipulators.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:02 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:24 am
What's the dividing line between narcissisms and a healthy ego?
An ego is just the interface between the world you have defined with concepts and actual reality, which is too big for any of us to grasp.

As soon as someone starts talking about someone elses "big ego" there are two possibilities....

They are right and someone is overconfident in their grasp on reality.... and is deluding themselves....
Or the person whining is jealous and resentful of the persons status.

And who is going to decide?

Reality usually humbles the overly egotistical.... until it does.... its anyones guess.
Each of us must decide for themselves who to admire and who not to.

Like, I admire most of Darryl's stuff.
Even this piece has some good parts.
This is his first podcast that I really started to dislike.
Dan Carlin hardcore history - I still like it.
Common Sense - not so much - it pains me for the most part....

Both of them may be "egotistical".... but for the most part they have earned the right to be.
Even if they duff the ball from time to time.
I mean, who doesn't?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:03 pm

Are you really suggesting Nietzche wasn't a walking contradiction and not very deluded?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:34 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:03 pm
Are you really suggesting Nietzche wasn't a walking contradiction and not very deluded?
I wasn't suggesting any such thing.
Nietzsche was entirely a walking contradiction.
Which doesn't take away from his accurate assessment on the 'death of god" and the parallel death of communal values, or the hypocrisy built in to traditional religion.
Nietzsche was many things.

And Cooper pretty much nailed both of these guys... most of his assessment is on the money.

It's his screed I was commenting on...

It didn't ruin the entire podcast for me... I am still getting plenty out of it... (not done yet)

I'm just calling him on his own virtue signalling.
Maria (Dostoevsky's first wife) dumps an apparently good guy for a smooth talking literary gambling addict who she proceeds to enable and she's "wise beyond words".

The "narcissist" meme is annoying in general.
Too many third wave feminists are playing that card.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:54 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:34 pm
I'm just calling him on his own virtue signalling.
Maria (Dostoevsky's first wife) dumps an apparently good guy for a smooth talking literary gambling addict who she proceeds to enable and she's "wise beyond words".

The "narcissist" meme is annoying in general.
Too many third wave feminists are playing that card.
Blame Carly Simon, she started it.

"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:11 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:35 am
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:31 am
DBTrek wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:24 am
What's the dividing line between narcissisms and a healthy ego?
I have several smart ass answers.

But I think I'll just grab my popcorn :lol:
I'm just curious, there has to be some kind of tipping point, right?
Like, it would be simple for people to accuse MH of being a narcissist.
"Martin Hash is just some OWG who thinks he knows better than everyone and is always right"
But, in his own defense, MH could say "I'm a doctor, lawyer, businessman, and have thee doctorates. Why wouldn't I think that I know more than you?"

So - is that narcissism, or just healthy ego?
I feel like I know a lot more than a lot of motherfuckers.
But ... the motherfuckers of which I speak surely feel the same way towards me.
Are we all narcissists?
Or are we just people with healthy egos, confident in our own abilities?
:think:
I would say it becomes unhealthy when it becomes the thing that guides you rather than something you utilize from time to time.

Physical narcissists are easier to see this in, whether the guy seeking the adonis body or the chick who spends her day taking yoga selfies.

Mental narcissists may be harder to recognize. But I'd say the MSM is filled with them.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:10 pm

Listened to another hour….
He tells the story of some mathematician who gives away all his belongings out of pride or religious zeal after having a religious experience after having been an committed atheist….
Still wondering where this is all going.

Cooper is really taking me for a ride here…
I continue listening in faith alone that it will be worth it in the end.
4.5 hours is a long time to get to the point.
….
I remain cautiously optimistic.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:23 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:11 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:35 am
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:31 am

I have several smart ass answers.

But I think I'll just grab my popcorn :lol:
I'm just curious, there has to be some kind of tipping point, right?
Like, it would be simple for people to accuse MH of being a narcissist.
"Martin Hash is just some OWG who thinks he knows better than everyone and is always right"
But, in his own defense, MH could say "I'm a doctor, lawyer, businessman, and have thee doctorates. Why wouldn't I think that I know more than you?"

So - is that narcissism, or just healthy ego?
I feel like I know a lot more than a lot of motherfuckers.
But ... the motherfuckers of which I speak surely feel the same way towards me.
Are we all narcissists?
Or are we just people with healthy egos, confident in our own abilities?
:think:
I would say it becomes unhealthy when it becomes the thing that guides you rather than something you utilize from time to time.

Physical narcissists are easier to see this in, whether the guy seeking the adonis body or the chick who spends her day taking yoga selfies.

Mental narcissists may be harder to recognize. But I'd say the MSM is filled with them.

Arrogance - that's what you guys are missing... Marty is an arrogant SOB - but he can back it up.

I'm arrogant too - was groomed to be arrogant at school. It's hard not to be arrogant when you're smarter than 99% of the population....and have the $$$ to prove it.

I like you guys though - most of you are close to my level :twisted:

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:12 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:23 pm
Arrogance - that's what you guys are missing... Marty is an arrogant SOB - but he can back it up.

I'm arrogant too - was groomed to be arrogant at school. It's hard not to be arrogant when you're smarter than 99% of the population....and have the $$$ to prove it.

I like you guys though - most of you are close to my level :twisted:
Cooper is going after the non-arrogant narcissist.

The beta cuck narcissist is the one he's after. That tries to win the strong man's girlfriend by talking shit about him and being the "nice guy".

And sure - there are definitely such narcissists... but narcissists come in many stripes... to the point that it isn't even really that helpful a concept.
Like I said, people can be narcissistic in other ways, martyr narcissists, seducer narcissists, performer narcissists, achiever narcissists....

All this word means, when it is used accurately, is that you actually overestimate your grasp on reality in what you are achieving, or your actual social status. For example a narcissistic parent may think they are the greatest parent on this earth, when actually they are raising a spoiled brat or several. Reality can be a bitter pill later when the kid doesn't amount to anything. A narcissistic teenager talks like he's the most popular kid in school, when in fact most everyone thinks he's a loser.

Cooper seems to be singling out the narcissist that talks the talk but actually is weak.
He still lives at home with his mom.
This was Nietsche apparently (more or less).... not that I'm surprised, really.

Dostoevsky also was one of these according to Cooper. He hit it big on the literary front, but never worked up the balls to go after the girl he wanted, instead convincing himself that he was helping her, when she rejects him for another guy, and supporting her relationship with her next boyfriend.

They were alike in that they were both third wheels to more powerful guys. Nietzsche to Wagner... interestingly.

Dostoevsky seems to have redeemed himself in later life and became a Mensch....
Nietzsche not so much apparently.

Still haven't finished it.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:22 pm

Dude, I disagree with your description that there are lots of different kinds of narcissists, or that narcissists think they are greater than they actually are because that's a subjective evaluation. Narcissists have zero self-awareness: they don't understand their own motivations, and try to make everything about them. They are manipulative liars that take credit for everything and never acknowledge their mistakes. They always seek to control any situation. It makes them toxic personalities and negatively affects their lives, which is when it becomes a psychiatric condition requiring intervention. Some guy who thinks highly of himself is NOT a narcissist, and definitely not if they are self-aware.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change