What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Speaker to Animals

Re: What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 24, 2018 5:46 pm

Had to ink out a bunch of crossfit shit, but there are some good ideas in here, aside from the crossfit bar flailing, etc.

The guy who wrote it started as as gymast, so the normal movement patterns in there are good.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 25, 2018 10:24 am

Has anyone read, Cardiac Arrest by Howard Root?

https://www.amazon.com/Cardiac-Arrest-H ... merReviews

Here's the Amazon description
Who polices America’s prosecutors? And when they set their sights on an innocent CEO, can he survive a 5-year, $25 million legal labyrinth to save the company he built, and himself from prison? Howard Root started Vascular Solutions with little more than a dream and an idea for a single medical device. Fifteen years later, his Minnesota company had created over 500 American jobs and developed more than 50 new medical devices that saved and improved lives. But in 2011, the federal government threatened to destroy his company and put Howard behind bars for years. Why? Federal prosecutors had been sold a bill of goods – a tall tale peddled by a money-hungry ex-employee out for revenge. All over one device. A device that never harmed a single patient and made up less than 1% of the company s sales. The investigation revealed the charges to be baseless, but the scalp-hunting prosecutors didn’t back off. Instead they dug in – threatening witnesses, misleading grand juries, and strategically leaking secret documents. Whatever it took to pressure a headline-grabbing settlement. Howard Root stood up to the shakedown. Five years, 121 attorneys and $25 million in legal fees later, his life’s work and freedom rested in the hands of 12 strangers in a San Antonio jury room. Would Howard and his company be vindicated by the verdict, or had he made the biggest mistake of his life by challenging the federal government? Cardiac Arrest is the eye-opening true story of life on the Feds’ hit-list, told from the desk of a CEO who decided to fight back. Follow Howard from the boardroom to the courtroom, as he tells the inside story of the case that sparked outrage in the pages of The Wall Street Journal and triggered a congressional investigation.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:54 pm

Gorilla talks philosophy with hippie.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:15 am

Increase Your Cognitive Ability By Reading A Fucking Book For Once

https://www.theonion.com/increase-your- ... 1826535759

:lol:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:34 pm

Reading through the Foundation novels again. I don't remember how many times I have read them. I think the Mule is my all-time favorite villain. I really love that character so much. The reveal was just so amazing.
But when his eyes followed his pointing finger, Magnifico was erect and alert, his eyes sharp and darkly bright. His voice was without a trace of an accent, "I hear her, my friend. It is merely that I have been sitting here and brooding on the fact that with all my cleverness and forethought I could make a mistake, and lose so much."

His fatal flaw was just love.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:56 pm

I want to reread the Dune series. Man, I just couldn't get into the Foundation series. The first one is ok, even if the protagonist is a jew. But the rest just came off as hokey.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:05 pm

trump.jpg
This is a great book for understanding the times we live in.
Everything makes sense!
Wilber is a genius.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:05 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:56 pm
I want to reread the Dune series. Man, I just couldn't get into the Foundation series. The first one is ok, even if the protagonist is a jew. But the rest just came off as hokey.
I feel the same way about Dune novels.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:05 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:05 pm
trump.jpg

This is a great book for understanding the times we live in.
Everything makes sense!
Wilber is a genius.
Democracy in Chains...great title and quite intriguing really.
https://www.amazon.com/Democracy-Chains ... op?ie=UTF8

Theres a lot of "post truth" books out there and its fascinating that it didn't just start being used and talked about in post 2016.
The good, the true, & the beautiful