CS314 - Unhealthy Numbers

TheReal_ND

Re: CS314 - Unhealthy Numbers

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:52 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote: Every other country Dan mentioned.
(This is my summation of the podcast, not my opinion).
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publica ... erspective
That's his source--straight out of K Street.
I wondered whether "health care" included cosmetic surgery, gender reassignment, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, acupuncture, psychological services, vitamins and band aids, but I could find nothing but "raw data," in the article.
It seems Dan didn't put much thought into this podcast.
:whistle:
Healthcare is not the end all be all of what a country is. :naughty:
It's only the most important service, other than food production.
Hardly

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:09 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote: Every other country Dan mentioned.
(This is my summation of the podcast, not my opinion).
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publica ... erspective
That's his source--straight out of K Street.
I wondered whether "health care" included cosmetic surgery, gender reassignment, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, acupuncture, psychological services, vitamins and band aids, but I could find nothing but "raw data," in the article.
It seems Dan didn't put much thought into this podcast.
:whistle:
Healthcare is not the end all be all of what a country is. :naughty:
It's only the most important service, other than food production.

Armed forces
Police
Fire Department
Sewage

Off the top of my head, more important services.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:13 am

1) Food
2) Protection
3) Healthcare

As for this CS: it just pointed out that Dan never offers solutions. He's mostly a commentator because that's a lot easier & doesn't haunt you (except when you ask for an "outsider" then get one). BTW, there's lots of solutions offered on this forum, some exceptional ones. In fact, there's more insight offered on this forum then I've ever heard in one of Dan's postcasts. My 3 minute podcasts offer better solutions than Dan.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:46 am

Oh, Dan has a solution, all right. The same one most of you dim bulbs have: "single payer," a/k/a total command economy.

I've listened to just about every word Dan has publicly spoken for about the last 10 years. I've never heard this level of low-energy statist crap out of him before.

He looks like quite a hero to you all, I'm sure, what with your "food is a government service" nonsense.

Damn but we are a profoundly retarded country.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:29 am

My view that a Liberty society is essentially individuals who choose to be allies, rather than some mystical construction, explains why I think healthcare is a State function. I will only remain allies with you as long as I am satisfied, otherwise I will exploit your system & ignore your laws. I've listed many times what the minimum acceptable services must provide. Libertarians always stop at "protection" because they need everyone else to protect their stuff.

p.s. Where did Dan say Single Payer? He just pointed out that Profit-motive fails in a monopoly situation.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:52 am

Martin Hash wrote:Libertarians always stop at "protection" because they need everyone else to protect their stuff.

Ain't that the truth.

Put that on the quote wall.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:17 am

"Protection" is Newspeak hogwash.

Speak plainly.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:29 am

Martin Hash wrote:My view that a Liberty society is essentially individuals who choose to be allies, rather than some mystical construction, explains why I think healthcare is a State function. I will only remain allies with you as long as I am satisfied, otherwise I will exploit your system & ignore your laws. I've listed many times what the minimum acceptable services must provide. Libertarians always stop at "protection" because they need everyone else to protect their stuff.

p.s. Where did Dan say Single Payer? He just pointed out that Profit-motive fails in a monopoly situation.
And this is exactly what is happening on a larger and larger scale. People see the corruption and daily injustice in our Central Government and have said to hell with it, I'll exploit the system too. Collectivists are telling us that you have to be in the system, you have to pay for F'ud up bathroom policy and anyone in the world that wants to come here. But half the country is done with that crap.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:40 am

Fife wrote:"Protection" is Newspeak hogwash.

Speak plainly.
Military, police, judiciary: the State violence that lets the 1% PROTECT their stuff from the 99% & the rest of the world.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:23 am

There are some very limited functions of the military that I'll grant are providing public goods, e.g., repelling foreign invasions.

The rest, just totalitarian power plays.

Dan Carlin, Trump, Ryan, Price, Pelosi, Chuckles, &c..... they are all playing your song.