"Decline of the West" by Darryl Cooper

apeman

Re: "Decline of the West" by Darryl Cooper

Post by apeman » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:36 am

DrYouth wrote:Just finished this episode.

This has been my favorite Decline of the West episode so far.

These guys are on to the big picture people... don't miss out!
My fav too.

At first I was extremely skeptical -- bubbles, foam, jargon -- but it all served a worthwhile purpose.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:46 am

Hey guys.
I've tried to listen to his podcast, but I find it unappealing. Not in content, but the presentation. I wish I enjoyed listen to him so I could get the content.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:10 pm

C-Mag wrote:Hey guys.
I've tried to listen to his podcast, but I find it unappealing. Not in content, but the presentation. I wish I enjoyed listen to him so I could get the content.
Yeah, when the hosts start up with the specialized jargon, my wife tunes out immediately, and I almost tuned out, but it is for a purpose.

I had to look up a bunch of words, like semiotics, which they use every .7 seconds.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:20 pm

apeman wrote:
Yeah, when the hosts start up with the specialized jargon, my wife tunes out immediately, and I almost tuned out, but it is for a purpose.

I had to look up a bunch of words, like semiotics, which they use every .7 seconds.

I haven't had time to listen to it yet, so I don't know what the discussion about semiotics involves, but it sounds like a lot--every .7 seconds. :)

Pierce, Eco, maybe even my favorite, Percy? https://www.ibiblio.org/wpercy/essays/mills.html

Now I'm making room on the schedule for this ep.

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Fife wrote:Pierce, Eco, maybe even my favorite, Percy? https://www.ibiblio.org/wpercy/essays/mills.html

Now I'm making room on the schedule for this ep.
Re: semiotics, I was referring to all the episodes, not just this one.

Nice link, gonna read the whole thing later

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:07 pm

I'm trying to listen to the first show again, and I don't know what it is, tone of voices, how they interact, just not appealing to me.

There's a ton of shit Dan puts out there I don't like, but his production is so smooth and well delivered it's good to listen to.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:29 pm

apeman wrote:

Every time they say sign regimes, I start thinking about trigonometry based governments.

I agree, it takes a while to start pickin up what they're putting down. Going back to the beginning and listening again would probably do some good at this point.

This is the problem with academics. They don't always get that not everyone is on the same page as them.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:30 pm

C-Mag wrote:I'm trying to listen to the first show again, and I don't know what it is, tone of voices, how they interact, just not appealing to me.

There's a ton of shit Dan puts out there I don't like, but his production is so smooth and well delivered it's good to listen to.
Persevere. It is good.

We're gonna gobble up the muslims, y'all. :lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:58 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Persevere. It is good.

We're gonna gobble up the muslims, y'all. :lol:
Agreed... it is good and worth persevering... although you have to deal with jargon and academic nerdom... but for the greater cause.

We may gobble them and but may build them a temple in the process.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:59 am

Lunatics