The Rubin Report

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Rubin Report

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:38 am

California wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:15 am
Okeefenokee wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:44 pm
The idea that you can enjoy the fruits of civilization as an individual without any reciprocal sacrifice is probably the epitome of liberalism.
So the 50% of my earnings confiscated by the government isn't a reciprocal sacrifice?
No.

Everybody has to pay taxes, including the guy who gets his legs shattered in a IED explosion while actually sacrificing.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:42 am

They always go to that.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:42 am

Fife wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:37 am
California wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
The idea that you can enjoy the fruits of civilization as an individual without any reciprocal sacrifice is probably the epitome of liberalism.
So the 50% of my earnings confiscated by the government isn't a reciprocal sacrifice?
If one is robbed at gunpoint in an alley, is one's stolen property a "sacrifice?"

Let's get our terms straight. A "sacrifice" implies a voluntary surrender of something. At least in my dictionary.

Somebody give me the QRD on the causal relationship between armed robbery and the "fruits of civilization." Draw the line from A to B for me on that, I'm a little slow on the uptake.
Taxation is theft, we can agree on. Doesn't that mean conscription is slavery?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:45 am

It's like this:

Just as in every other experiment with democracy, the electorate expands to include most everybody, who then vote for more wars that the warrior class has to fight while degenerating the nation from within. Eventually the military has enough of this and takes over. The only alternative to this scenario is external conquest.

The interesting part is that the people embrace the military taking over. The Romans were elated when the Republic died and the fighting would end. Do you ever watch those Congressional hearings where some degenerate democrat is excoriating a panel of generals? Does it not strike you as odd that Congress, with the lowest approval rating by the American people ever excoriates the generals who enjoy some of the highest approval ratings by the American people? The only thing holding those generals back is their loyalty to the Constitution. A loyalty the politicians the masses elect do not share, I might add.

The way our republic was founded was predicated upon the idea that only the warriors were enfranchised. If you voted in early America, you definitely had to serve in the militia. There was no standing army. We were an electorate of warriors.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:46 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:38 am
California wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
No.

Everybody has to pay taxes, including the guy who gets his legs shattered in a IED explosion while actually sacrificing.
But when we look at all the wars since, say, oh 1945, aren't these sacrifices for nation-building some shithole that has nothing to do with us?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:47 am

California wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:42 am
Fife wrote:
California wrote:

If one is robbed at gunpoint in an alley, is one's stolen property a "sacrifice?"

Let's get our terms straight. A "sacrifice" implies a voluntary surrender of something. At least in my dictionary.

Somebody give me the QRD on the causal relationship between armed robbery and the "fruits of civilization." Draw the line from A to B for me on that, I'm a little slow on the uptake.
Indeed. Slavery is just about as bad as it can get with regard to taxation, I reckon.

I was pulling your lariat a little a minute ago. I didn't really think you meant "sacrifice" in the way that Okee was talking about. Taxes aren't a fucking "sacrifice" anymore than the sweat off a slave's brow is a "sacrifice." It's stolen property, and it has the stink of violence on it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:47 am

California wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:46 am
California wrote:

No.

But when we look at all the wars since, say, oh 1945, aren't these sacrifices for nation-building some shithole that has nothing to do with us?
Who's fault is that?

It's not the military's fault. It's the electorate's fault. If the electorate had to go fight the wars these politicians start then these politicians would never win elections. :think:

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:48 am

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:45 am
It's like this:

Just as in every other experiment with democracy, the electorate expands to include most everybody, who then vote for more wars that the warrior class has to fight while degenerating the nation from within. Eventually the military has enough of this and takes over. The only alternative to this scenario is external conquest.

The interesting part is that the people embrace the military taking over. The Romans were elated when the Republic died and the fighting would end. Do you ever watch those Congressional hearings where some degenerate democrat is excoriating a panel of generals? Does it not strike you as odd that Congress, with the lowest approval rating by the American people ever excoriates the generals who enjoy some of the highest approval ratings by the American people? The only thing holding those generals back is their loyalty to the Constitution. A loyalty the politicians the masses elect do not share, I might add.
I'd rather have military rule at this point than who's in charge.

While I understand your sentiment, I believe making military service a requirement to vote will eventually weaken the military. The military has a scope of operations, not just anyone should be able to get in

Ex-California

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:47 am
California wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:46 am

No.

Who's fault is that?

It's not the military's fault. It's the electorate's fault. If the electorate had to go fight the wars these politicians start then these politicians would never win elections. :think:
True

Ex-California

Fife wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:47 am
California wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:42 am
Fife wrote:

Indeed. Slavery is just about as bad as it can get with regard to taxation, I reckon.

I was pulling your lariat a little a minute ago. I didn't really think you meant "sacrifice" in the way that Okee was talking about. Taxes aren't a fucking "sacrifice" anymore than the sweat off a slave's brow is a "sacrifice." It's stolen property, and it has the stink of violence on it.
There's an absolute stink of violence. No taxes = prison.