"Decline of the West" by Darryl Cooper

DrYouth

Re: "Decline of the West" by Darryl Cooper

Post by DrYouth » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:04 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Lunatics
Are you down on lunatics... I thought you were pro-lunatic.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:10 am

You sound like a bunch of moon worshippers tbh. That last episode was complete garbage.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:35 am

TheReal_ND wrote:You sound like a bunch of moon worshippers tbh. That last episode was complete garbage.
You didn't like it... so it must be garbage...

Not exactly a devastating critique there.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:44 am

If you can't explain what you mean without using technical terms you are a technician. If you attempt to describe philosophy while relying on technical terms you are a sophist.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:50 am

Out of their 7 episodes how many times do they say "ontological"? Only Jordan Peterson says that more. Speaking of which it would be cool if Daryl could get a nice two hour interview out of Peterson. I think that conversation would be interesting and bring in some ideas and expressions that haven't been talked about in his JRE interview. Please for the love of god let them not even waste their breath on trigger warnings or sjws. Big picture shit and stories are where Peterson really shines.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:57 am

Talk to AI guys in the computer science department and you will hear the word ontological spoken all the time.

In this case, it was a lot of nonsense jargon used to dress up some sophomoric philosophy, however. I enjoyed their other episodes a lot, but this one was pretty silly.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:20 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Talk to AI guys in the computer science department and you will hear the word ontological spoken all the time.

In this case, it was a lot of nonsense jargon used to dress up some sophomoric philosophy, however. I enjoyed their other episodes a lot, but this one was pretty silly.
Do they say epistemology any as well? haha. Nature of knowledge vs. the nature of being...similar in a lot of ways and have been hearing those words a lot in Wes Cecils lectures, Petersons, and Daryl's.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:24 am

DrYouth wrote:
Since I think your a fan of Jung, do you think any of the audible books on Jung are worthwhile for a basic beginner? What about Memories, Dreams, Reflections? I've only had him explained to me through Peterson's interviews and lecture series. Also, what are you views on Wilhelm Reich and Alexander Lowen Bioentergetics seems to be the missing piece of psychological therapy for me.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:26 am

I like Peterson but I worry about him sometimes. The frog life obviously chose him and not the other way around but I worry he doesn't know what he's getting into. He's reframing the counter culture to suit his ideas but that is not how it works.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:13 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
Since I think your a fan of Jung, do you think any of the audible books on Jung are worthwhile for a basic beginner? What about Memories, Dreams, Reflections? I've only had him explained to me through Peterson's interviews and lecture series. Also, what are you views on Wilhelm Reich and Alexander Lowen Bioentergetics seems to be the missing piece of psychological therapy for me.
Jung is pretty awful to read... Haven't tried listening to him. I have learned about Jung mostly through those who have interpreted his work.
Wilheim Reich is coming into the fore these days. I myself am training in Somatic Experiencing a form of bioenergetic therapy that overlaps well with Reich's work. These are heady days for somatic therapies.