PRay TeLL, Dr. Hash

heydaralon

Re: PRay TeLL, Dr. Hash

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:02 pm

C-Mag wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Dan still has history ideas. But hes got like 10 different politcal ideas. He needs some new shtick.
Dan has his Left leaning Dogma that he can't break out of, his biggest problem. His ideas are very relevant right now, but he doesn't have the mental agility to get past his emotional reaction to Trump. This put's Dan in a box of his own making, and it's a small box.
Well said. I have no problem listening to left leaning people. There are millions of them who are smarter and better informed than I ever will be. I do have a problem when people are stuck in the same ideological rut for years on end. The world and the election has changed many aspects of American society, and Dan has repeatedly refused to tackle this. If he was coming up with new ideas in response to the new problems and situations, I would be more than happy to listen to them whether they lean right or left. I will always respect Dan's history show, and his Common Sense podcast got me pretty interested in politics, so I owe him a debt. But he sounds like a broken record now, and he feels out of touch to me. Talking to folks on this forum has caused me to re-evaluate my beliefs, and I have observed people on here changing their opinions after talking to others on here. Perhaps its time for Dan to do the same.
Shikata ga nai

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:12 am

For something different, a batch of podcasts about Economics starts today: Economic Cycles
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:16 am

:music-listening: :music-listening: :music-listening: :music-listening:

PINED

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:32 am

heydaralon wrote:
Well said. I have no problem listening to left leaning people. There are millions of them who are smarter and better informed than I ever will be. I do have a problem when people are stuck in the same ideological rut for years on end.
The Left is not more Intelligent than anyone else, not Moderates, not Liberalists, not Libertarians, not the Right. The Left owns Academia right now, and they control the narrative and language of debate generally. The love using the mantel of 'we are more intelligent than you". But it's a false narrative. What these people are really talking about is use of Rhetoric, backed by Academic reference.

Intelligence is about reasoning, insight, perception, intuition, application of knowledge and problem solving. For example, in WWII the Allies were stalled in Hedgerow country. For Five Weeks all the allies were trying to figure out how to deal with the hedgerows. This included the top military minds and civilians were handed the problem as well. No one could figure out how to circumvent the Hedgerow problem. Then a Tennessee Hillbilly named Roberts came up with the idea of putting knives on tanks, that idea was developed by a small town New Jersey National Guardsman named Curtis Cullin. These guys used was available to them to come up with a simple solution to a complex problem that had stymied the allies for 5 weeks.

Cullin and Roberts demonstrated tremendous intelligence. The Left holds no special Intelligence, they are just better at Rhetoric and use their Academic Knowledge to belittle and undermine anyone that is not like them. They hate diversity of thought.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:36 pm

C-Mag wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Well said. I have no problem listening to left leaning people. There are millions of them who are smarter and better informed than I ever will be. I do have a problem when people are stuck in the same ideological rut for years on end.
The Left is not more Intelligent than anyone else, not Moderates, not Liberalists, not Libertarians, not the Right. The Left owns Academia right now, and they control the narrative and language of debate generally. The love using the mantel of 'we are more intelligent than you". But it's a false narrative. What these people are really talking about is use of Rhetoric, backed by Academic reference.

Intelligence is about reasoning, insight, perception, intuition, application of knowledge and problem solving. For example, in WWII the Allies were stalled in Hedgerow country. For Five Weeks all the allies were trying to figure out how to deal with the hedgerows. This included the top military minds and civilians were handed the problem as well. No one could figure out how to circumvent the Hedgerow problem. Then a Tennessee Hillbilly named Roberts came up with the idea of putting knives on tanks, that idea was developed by a small town New Jersey National Guardsman named Curtis Cullin. These guys used was available to them to come up with a simple solution to a complex problem that had stymied the allies for 5 weeks.

Cullin and Roberts demonstrated tremendous intelligence. The Left holds no special Intelligence, they are just better at Rhetoric and use their Academic Knowledge to belittle and undermine anyone that is not like them. They hate diversity of thought.
Agreed. I have often wondered why academia traditionally has gone more to left. Why do you think it has turned out this way? Do you think this shift happened in the sixties? Also, do you think that this trend will change? If so, how would you go about changing it?
Shikata ga nai

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:44 pm

The outcasts & kids who were picked on in school are drawn to the cloistered halls of academia. Well-adjusted people go into business.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:32 am

Heterogeneity vs Diversity

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:36 am

C-Mag wrote: The Left is not more Intelligent than anyone else, not Moderates, not Liberalists, not Libertarians, not the Right. The Left owns Academia right now, and they control the narrative and language of debate generally. They love using the mantel of "we are more intelligent than you". But it's a false narrative. What these people are really talking about is use of Rhetoric, backed by Academic reference.
Wow, that's really good. Succinct, to the point. Clearly stated.
:clap:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:18 am

Racism

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:09 am

Martin Hash wrote:Racism
Well . . . it's out there.
Should be interesting to see the response.

Oh, and when I say "It's out there" I mean out there on the groups EXCEPT for DEMOCRATS FOR JUSTICE and PROGRESSIVE ACTION, which have yet to approve a single one of your podcasts so far.
That's the tolerant and all inclusive left for ya'.
They don't care if it's economics, race, or politics you're talking about, they know "the truth" when they see it, and it ain't you.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"