No Business Taxes

Ex-California

Re: No Business Taxes

Post by Ex-California » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:08 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: They have to sell their stuff as good for America, so what is the difference?
A society is a carefully balanced artificial construct. People have to WANT to follow the rules, and people have to trust one another enough to assume they will follow the rules, which is why "diversity" is so corrosive to the cohesiveness of society. What you see going on in America today is building mistrust because groups are becoming distrustful of other groups. Unless some unifying principle, like patriotism, remedies the situation, this shit's going to explode. Patriotism is by definition, nationalistic, which is naturally adversarial with other nations. Meddling in the governing structure of other nations is like your guy secretly being their goalie.
It's up to the citizens to hold their elected accountable. What would change if you allowed foreign money?
Why have borders at this point?

Don't you understand the basic concept of corruption?

And sorry to say, without violent popular uprising, rank and file citizens don't have the power to get anything done quickly in order to stop the train before the damage is done. And legal means for removal, such as recalls, can be held up in courts or completely ignored.

We're already walking a fine line before we lose all power
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:11 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:You still did not explain what would happen?
See WW2.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:41 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote: That's about the most idiotic thing I've ever read in my life.

Fucking gas taxes are lightyears closer to being egalitarian than property taxes. Are you fucking brain dead?

I can't fathom the mental gymnastics that you must have gone through to come to that conclusion. The idea that those who own property are expected to pay for benefits for all, while those who don't are not, but still enjoy those benefits... you think that is egalitarian? Have your head examined.

I live 1423 miles from my house in Georgia. 45% of those property taxes go to a school system that my children could not attend tomorrow if I started driving right now. Egalitarian, huh? I work an entire month every year just to pay property taxes on one house, where nearly half of that goes to pay for schools where none of my children will ever attend, and you call that egalitarian? You think that's equality?

Add on to that the property taxes I pay where I live. Taxes on this house are another two months of income.

Listen, I'm a property owner in multiple states, and I learned a long time ago that said ownership means taxes, but don't come around here with some bullshit commie statements about it all being part of some equal system where everyone is treated equally.

It's nonsense. The first time my wife saw the tax bill from a house she's never lived in, she couldn't understand it. She said, "but you don't have any kids going to school there." I said, "I remember my elders saying the same thing about my great-grandmother's tax bill when all of her children were collecting social security."

Egalitarian... the fuck are you smoking?
You're not making any sense. If you're renting houses then your tenants are paying your property tax for you through their rent and either way investment property is treated differently under tax codes. You're making even less sense complaining that property tax is unfair because you pay for schools you may not use when you obviously can use them (don't your tenants have kids?). We don't pay school tax according to the number of kids we personally have, just like you don't get social security and Medicare based on the number of kids you personally have. It's a pool that comes out of everyone's property tax. It's only corrupt if the houses are unfairly assessed or (as we are arguing) some properties are exempt. You have to pay for garbage pickup and that comes out of property tax. The roads have to be paved and fires have to be put out. This is the core of taxation: the things we need or overwhelmingly want as a group.
I don't rent to anyone. I own stuff and pay taxes on it to pay for things I don't benefit from. I wasn't making an argument about fairness. I said it's not egalitarian.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:00 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:What does a non-profit pay taxes on?
What on earth makes you think a church is non-profit? Nobody sees their books. Ever.
What the fuck are on about? You can see a chartible's non profit books all day every day. That is the point of being tax free. You really are an idiot.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:19 am

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:What does a non-profit pay taxes on?
What on earth makes you think a church is non-profit? Nobody sees their books. Ever.
What the fuck are on about? You can see a chartible's non profit books all day every day. That is the point of being tax free. You really are an idiot.
Churches are not audited. Ever. You have never seen their books.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:44 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Churches are not audited. Ever. You have never seen their books.
They have to file 990's and those are publicly available.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:01 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Churches are not audited. Ever. You have never seen their books.
Dude, Scientology was audited.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:04 am

Martin Hash wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Churches are not audited. Ever. You have never seen their books.
Dude, Scientology was audited.
Before they became an official "religion", yes.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:50 am

Speaking of "non-profits" . . .

:think: :shhh:

Southern Poverty Law Center Transfers Millions in Cash to Offshore Entities
The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), a liberal, Alabama-based 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization that has gained prominence on the left for its "hate group" designations, pushes millions of dollars to offshore entities as part of its business dealings, records show.

Additionally, the nonprofit pays lucrative six-figure salaries to its top directors and key employees while spending little on legal services despite its stated intent of "fighting hate and bigotry" using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy.

. . .

Tax experts expressed confusion when being told of the transfer.

"I've never known a US-based nonprofit dealing in human rights or social services to have any foreign bank accounts," said Amy Sterling Casil, CEO of Pacific Human Capital, a California-based nonprofit consulting firm. "My impression based on prior interactions is that they have a small, modestly paid staff, and were regarded by most in the industry as frugal and reliable. I am stunned to learn of transfers of millions to offshore bank accounts. It is a huge red flag and would have been completely unacceptable to any wealthy, responsible, experienced board member who was committed to a charitable mission who I ever worked with."

"It is unethical for any US-based charity to invest large sums of money overseas," said Casil. "I know of no legitimate reason for any US-based nonprofit to put money in overseas, unregulated bank accounts."

"It seems extremely unusual for a ‘501(c)(3)' concentrating upon reducing poverty in the American South to have multiple bank accounts in tax haven nations," Charles Ortel, a former Wall Street analyst and financial advisor who helped uncover a 2009 financial scandal at General Electric, told the Free Beacon.
The Internal Revenue Code facilitates a nation of graft, fraud, and shady behavior.