The Fed

Martin Hash

The Fed

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:28 am

Central Banks, particularly The Fed, are semi-private organizations. This is opposite of what most pundits say; they say, "semi-public," but the distinction is important. If The Fed were public then the profits they make from manipulating the Stock Market and other financial institutions, would go to lower the public's taxes, BUT THEY ARE PRIVATE SO THEY KEEP THE GAINS, yet they don't suffer the loses, the public is still on the hook for those. Why does nobody know this?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Fed

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:35 am

Because nobody is supposed to know it.

1913 was the beginning of the greatest heist in America's history. 2008 was the payoff. Now they're just cleaning up the rest of the chips.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:17 am

Well, remember that it's the ultra-wealthy Globalists tied into the Central Banks, that are against Trump because he's MAGA. A vote for Trump, is a thumb in the eye of the behind-the-scenes Elites.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:29 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:17 am
Well, remember that it's the ultra-wealthy Globalists tied into the Central Banks, that are against Trump because he's MAGA. A vote for Trump, is a thumb in the eye of the behind-the-scenes Elites.
I surely wish that were true.

Unfortunately, he’s only solidifying their power.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

ssu

Post by ssu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:28 am
Central Banks, particularly The Fed, are semi-private organizations. This is opposite of what most pundits say; they say, "semi-public," but the distinction is important. If The Fed were public then the profits they make from manipulating the Stock Market and other financial institutions, would go to lower the public's taxes, BUT THEY ARE PRIVATE SO THEY KEEP THE GAINS, yet they don't suffer the loses, the public is still on the hook for those. Why does nobody know this?
It's true that in the US the Federal Reserve came into existence by Private Banks and that they still hold power on the institution (like with Wall Street banks having a say who is the President of the most important Reserve bank, the New York Fed).

Not all Central Banks have been created this way. For instance in my country the Central Bank came into existence by a decree from the Russian Tzar. There simply were no other banks before operating in the country (and the central bank is the fourth oldest in the World). Later when the country got it's independence, the bank solidified it's independence from the new government. And luckily the government has never used the Central Bank as like, well, the Argentinians.

I had (and still have) a friend from the university who got a job in the local Central Bank. Boy, was he happy about the appointment. He said there were only two things he has to comply with: 1) come to work and 2) not be drunk at work. Nothing else, he'll have his position as an economist until he retires.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:27 pm

No fiat money. No central banks.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:35 pm

It's the worst of both worlds; if the Central Banks were actually owned and operated entirely by government, at least the government would get the profits.

Actually, letting my conspiracy genie run wild, it's almost as if Central Banks are intentionally public-PRIVATE as the means for the ultra-wealthy Elites to control the world. I mean it, they are so secretive, and their ownership is so opaque, and their power is so complete; I just can't get past the suspicion of that's where to look to get fodder for the guillotines.

ssu

Post by ssu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:45 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:29 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:17 am
I surely wish that were true.

Unfortunately, he’s only solidifying their power.
What Trump simply wants is loose monetary policy: he isn't a fan of the Feds rate hikes and has said it. Wall Street going up is good for him. Last thing Trump wants is the Fed is making that rate hike that puts the markets on a downturn trajectory. Sometimes a falling Stock Market can have real effects on the economy.

(And let's not forget that today 38% of all US Treasury Bonds are owned by the Federal Reserve, btw)

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:54 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:35 pm
It's the worst of both worlds; if the Central Banks were actually owned and operated entirely by government, at least the government would get the profits.

Actually, letting my conspiracy genie run wild, it's almost as if Central Banks are intentionally public-PRIVATE as the means for the ultra-wealthy Elites to control the world. I mean it, they are so secretive, and their ownership is so opaque, and their power is so complete; I just can't get past the suspicion of that's where to look to get fodder for the guillotines.
That's what I've been saying for years, homie.

Those are the heads that need to roll.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

ssu

Post by ssu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:57 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:35 pm
Never trust governments with such a lucrative way to finance government spending with using a Central Bank. There really have to be restrictions in printing money, it's far too easy if the politicians are totally wreckless (like in Argentina, Venezuela, Zimbabwe etc...) If the Central Bank makes profits from it market operations, those profits can be given to the government (as USUALLY the profits aren't so large). How usual is the current is a good question...
Martin Hash wrote:Actually, letting my conspiracy genie run wild, it's almost as if Central Banks are intentionally public-PRIVATE as the means for the ultra-wealthy Elites to control the world. I mean it, they are so secretive, and their ownership is so opaque, and their power is so complete; I just can't get past the suspicion of that's where to look to get fodder for the guillotines.
The question is just how active are the Central Banks and in what markets. If the market is propped up by a Central Bank and nothing else, the likely outcome is a disaster. Sooner or later.

The Central Bank and the Financial Authorities being too close to the Private Banks creates problems, that I have to admit. Too easily it becomes the "socialization" of losses in a crisis, as we say during the financial crisis.