Why Not a Gold Standard?

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Why Not a Gold Standard?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:34 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Inflation isn't harming the middle class, the middle class is debt financed, inflation is their friend.
That's not what a middle class is supposed to be.
According to what, the international handbook of middle classes and how they're supposed to be?

The class in the middle is the middle class, last time I checked, professor.
Look up the definition, before you hurt yourself.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:36 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
That's not what a middle class is supposed to be.
According to what, the international handbook of middle classes and how they're supposed to be?

The class in the middle is the middle class, last time I checked, professor.
Look up the definition, before you hurt yourself.
mid·dle class
ˈˌmidl ˈklas/
noun
noun: middle class; plural noun: middle classes; noun: middleclass; plural noun: middleclasses

1. the social group between the upper and working classes, including professional and business workers and their families.

Nope, no pain here, you're talking out of your ass again apparently, would you like to dig yourself in deeper now, professor?
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:28 pm

The monetary crisis can be explained quite simply:

-Gold is worth money, and money is how people buy goods and services.
-Since the gold standard directly led to the dotcom bubble of 1836 and numerous other panics, the shift to cryptocurrency is inevitable.
In the meantime, we will have to come up with something else.
-We can't trust a gold standard, so we will have to find another way to curb inflation and irresponsible spending.
-The solution is simple: a silver standard.
Why silver Daralan Greenspan? Its quite simple. We have already tried gold as a commodity to back the value of money, and it didn't take. Silver is similar enough to gold, and it implies wealth. Since time immemorial, humans have used silver to make jewelry and copper wires. Most of the American public would get behind using the silver standard, especially if we called this new government policy: The Silver Act. This would be especially effective as a name because Silver also denotes old age, such as Silver alert or what have you, and old people (a powerhouse voting block) will vote for just about anything that serves their narrow minded interests. Not to mention, silver and precious metals make old people think of coins, such as the rare once-month-minted 9/11 coins or the exceedingly rare buffalo and Apollo 11 coin (which has real precious metals inside it) that are featured on day and nighttime informercials. These old fucks would probably vote for a fake dogshit standard if you stamped some firefighter or twin tower imagery into the brown laminated photorealistic plastic feces. They are easy to trick. That's why they call me the puppetmaster. I stick my hand up the ass of these geriatric clowns and make them put on the ritz while I pull the strings and get their mouths to move in embarrassing ways without moving my own. A true puppetmaster doesn't even need a curtain, because everyone is too busy watching the dancing marionettes to see the master svengali on the stage, lurking in the shadows. Whenever I come up with a plan to change monetary policy I do it through grassroots internet campaigns and I leave no digital footprints. Its not hard when you are four steps ahead of everyone else, including yourself.
Silver is not as valuable as gold, but if we simply started basing our government spending and lending on the amount of physical silver we have in bankvaults, this would lead to a contraction of our economy. This contraction would be a form of reverse inflation or rinflation. During the rinflationary period, banks and people would temporarily enter into a state of panic and begin buying silver. This would cause the price of silver to skyrocket. Fortunately, everyone on this forum would be in on the ground floor of this once in a lifetime AFR (anti-federal reserve) opportunity, and make a killing by buying this metal well in advance of the Silver Act. Eventually, the government would revert back to fiat currency, but not before the entire MHF sold their silver and traded it for T-bills. Since according to some in depth investopedia research I undertook, you can only buy 5 million dollars worth of treasury bills at a time, we would have to circumvent this by setting up a shell company in Martin's name and buy much past this limit. The money from this would need to be laundered, which could be a problem, especially if you forgot who you are dealing with. I already thought of that too. We could make a new message board discussing this plan, using fake usernames ip addresses and a rootkit. The fake names would all lead to a PO Box in Enid Oklahoma, that was paid for through the aforementioned shell company. The beauty of this scheme is that as the federal reserve printed more money, we would become even richer, since adjusted for inflation, money in the future would have a different value in the past.
Shikata ga nai

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:42 am

Gold is fiat too.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:42 am

doc_loliday wrote:Gold is fiat too.

Nein.

Gold, when not used as money, has a market value. Pieces of used paper, when not used as money, have little to no market value. That's what makes paper money not backed by something like gold or silver fiat.. :idea:
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:43 am

Sure it is. It's valuable because its valuable.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:44 am

doc_loliday wrote:Sure it is. It's valuable because its valuable.

It's valuable because there exists a market value for it.

What is the market value of a piece of tissue you pick up off the ground?

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:45 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
doc_loliday wrote:Sure it is. It's valuable because its valuable.

It's valuable because there exists a market value for it.

What is the market value of a piece of tissue you pick up off the ground?
Yeah, there's a market for it because people consider it valuable as a currency.
Last edited by doc_loliday on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:45 am

doc_loliday wrote:Gold is fiat too.
For chickens & ditch-digging, yes.

The reason that gold is used, or "bitcoin mining," is because its supply can only grow at a very slow rate. Royalists understand that durable goods do actually increase, and if the supply of gold didn't increase, there would be the appearance of deflation, and the last thing the aristocracy wants is to see their Net Worth decrease.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:46 am

Gold is NOT valuable in the real sense, only in the fiat sense.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change