Self Actualization

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Self Actualization

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:06 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Give em' twelve acres and a tractor and let them spend all their time working for themselves.
That's my dream. I just need internet access to go with it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:12 am

heydaralon wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Self Actualization is a term that only makes complete sense in a nation that values liberty as its primary goal. Liberty, the concept that people make decisions for themselves & suffer the consequences or reap the rewards thereof. Liberty requires opportunity, and opportunity requires flexibility, meaning the goal of American society is to relentlessly increase productivity so that each of us spend less-n-less time working for others, and more-n-more time working on ourselves.
Martin, as I've stated earlier if you really want to earn some big bucks and become self actualized you need to get on this Amway multi level marketing thing with me. Don't leave millions of dollars on the table, and don't turn your back on this financial opportunity.
+ :lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:22 am

C-Mag wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I never really understood what self actualization means, honestly.
To me it's pretty simple.
To know ones strengths and weaknesses and working toward perfecting an area of your life. To me, self actualization is best described by what it is not. It is not being just another sheep going with the flow, doing what society tells you to do.

I think a small percentage of the entire population has it, many talk about it, but few do it, and it's more about doing than talking about it. Your Fasting is an example of someone who it self actualized and going for it.
I heard Senator Sasse say something about gratification or accomplishment yesterday. Something like a quotient with met needs in the numerator, and total needs in the denominator. He was basically saying rather than chase satisfaction by filling up the numerator with wants, to instead reduce the denominator by separating out the wants from the needs.

I was distracted at the time. Here it is.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:35 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I never really understood what self actualization means, honestly.
To me it's pretty simple.
To know ones strengths and weaknesses and working toward perfecting an area of your life. To me, self actualization is best described by what it is not. It is not being just another sheep going with the flow, doing what society tells you to do.

I think a small percentage of the entire population has it, many talk about it, but few do it, and it's more about doing than talking about it. Your Fasting is an example of someone who it self actualized and going for it.
I heard Senator Sasse say something about gratification or accomplishment yesterday. Something like a quotient with met needs in the numerator, and total needs in the denominator. He was basically saying rather than chase satisfaction by filling up the numerator with wants, to instead reduce the denominator by separating out the wants from the needs.

I was distracted at the time. Here it is.

That's pretty much the Buddhist point of view. Those guys are on to something.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:49 am

Self Actualization is a liberty concept.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:11 am

If you say so.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:14 am

Seems more like a Libertine concept.

What does society need with a bunch of lay-abouts?

:think:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:27 am

Society isn't a person, who cares what it wants?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:31 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:If you say so.
Envy, resentment & spite drip off you like venom. It's easy to see why.

p.s. I already sunk StA's boat, do you want me to come at you too?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:36 am

Martin Hash wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:If you say so.
Envy, resentment & spite drip off you like venom. It's easy to see why.

p.s. I already sunk StA's boat, do you want me to come at you too?
Bring it, Chuckles. I've stared into the gaping maw of 4 kids and a loveless existence. I fear no man.

I dispute that only the superior "liberty-minded" are interested in self-actualization, or fulfillment. It's a human need, once all others are satisfied. It's the reason that we care for children, explore the earth, and create Great Works.

The concept, and the need were there long, long before democracies and financial systems, and will be there long after they've imploded.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace