Women & Respect

DrYouth

Re: Women & Respect

Post by DrYouth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:04 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Dude, that was humor intended to introduce the counterpoint. You could have smiled to yourself or even offered a short funny rejoinder.

Here's the gist of the OP which you seem to be intentionally obtuse about (other posters in this thread get it). Testosterone gives men the advantage of aggression & competitiveness vs. women (in a general Bell Curve sense). We are immersed in it since childhood, royally kick-started in puberty, and finely honed during our formative years. (Some aren't, we men call them "pussies.") In most settings where women claim discrimination, they simply don't recognize they are out-testosteroned, but the men do.
Your OP was presumably meant to generate discussion... and I am discussing.
We're you hoping for generic endorsements?
Certainly raw aggression and dominance is the domain of men.
But status has more to it than this as does respect.
You celebrating your superiority over women in the domain of masculine aggression comes off as self congratulatory... just sayin'.
(And listing "tattling" and grade 7 gym class makes your OP seem as if it is based on grade school resentments.)

That all being said... you probably have a point in specific cases... I can see where confusion can arise as can problematic entitlement in situations where masculine dominance defines the role and the pay-grade.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:30 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Well, women voted for Trump, so they aren't all lost.
The guy who dumped his wife for a younger version. The irony.
Seeing as women initiate most divorces, it's probably not a big deal to them. Like no woman ever left her man for someone better looking or with more money.
Your first sentence is ridiculous in its entirety. That said, I wouldn't vote for a gold digger either. Shallow is shallow.
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:45 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
The guy who dumped his wife for a younger version. The irony.
Seeing as women initiate most divorces, it's probably not a big deal to them. Like no woman ever left her man for someone better looking or with more money.
Your first sentence is ridiculous in its entirety. That said, I wouldn't vote for a gold digger either. Shallow is shallow.
Choosing a mate based on looks alone is shallow, sure. Financial reasons have more credibility. The majority of the homeless are men. While I would be much more inclined to give money to a homeless man who had his wife and children standing beside him, I've never seen that. Not once. I don't think I'm the first person to realize such a presentation would tug at far more heart strings, but I've never seen it.

Men who end up homeless generally don't do so with a woman by their side. A wife is gonna leave and take the kids to her mother, sister, or friend. If a mother is with a man who ends up making them homeless, typically, she isn't staying with him.

Women, more than men, can justify leaving a spouse. They've got reasons. They've got kids to think of, or they have to evaluate who it is they're sticking with. The fact that the majority of divorces are initiated by women shows this. At far greater rates, women are able to bring themselves to end a marriage.

Trying to use a divorce to demonize a man to women didn't work. The election showed that.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:52 pm

DrYouth wrote:Your OP was presumably meant to generate discussion... and I am discussing.
We're you hoping for generic endorsements?
Oh, touché.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:56 pm

Where is the stat that more women initiate divorces than men? It seems that once they've decided to divorce it's generally too late for a reconciliation, but that's just my gut feeling and not a fact. The trophy wife is almost entirely a male thing - few women will leave their children for a piece of ass or for more money.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:07 pm

MilSpecs wrote:Where is the stat that more women initiate divorces than men? It seems that once they've decided to divorce it's generally too late for a reconciliation, but that's just my gut feeling and not a fact. The trophy wife is almost entirely a male thing - few women will leave their children for a piece of ass or for more money.
It’s the wife who files for divorce in about two-thirds of divorce cases, at least among couples who have children. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, the proportion has changed slightly over the years; for example, in 1975, approximately 72 percent of the divorces in the U.S. were filed by women, whereas by 1988, only about 65 percent were filed by women.

http://www.divorce-lawyer-source.com/fa ... women.html
Based on the collected data, I calculated that women had initiated the divorce in 68.9% of all cases. In only one of 25 separate datasets were men the greater initiators of divorce.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ho ... more-often
The results came from an analysis of the aptly named “How Couples Meet and Stay Together” survey, collected from 2,262 adults with opposite sex partners who answered questions about their relationship status between 2009 and 2015. Women initiated 69% of divorces, compared to 31% of men. But if men and women were living together without marrying, each gender was equally likely to initiate a breakup.

http://time.com/4007174/which-spouse-asks-for-divorce/
Researchers have known since the 1950s that women are significantly more likely to want out of a (heterosexual) marriage. In fact, according to one 1976 study, women were the plaintiffs in about 60 percent of judicial divorce proceedings in the United States between 1825 and 1866. That number’s pretty much stayed the same ever since.

https://psmag.com/why-do-women-usually- ... .haf9s8eb8
The Office of National Statistics’ (ONS) most recent number crunch reveals that in 2011, the woman was the party granted (therefore initiating) the divorce in 66% of cases that year. It used to be an even higher share: 69% in 2001, and a whopping 72% at the start of the 1990s.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relation ... n-men.html
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:54 pm

So is the divorce being initiated after the husband has moved out of the house, is he kicked out for having an affair? Why would women initiate divorces without something precipitating it? Maybe its cultural, but where I came from men almost always left their wives for someone else, not the other way around, and often the women were left with no way to support themselves and in a state of shock. Wives put up with a lot but rarely left.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:14 am

I'm gonna play chase the goal posts with you. I just showed you that I was right, and it's your turn to concede.

edit, I'm not
Last edited by Okeefenokee on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:24 am

Okeefenokee wrote:I'm gonna play chase the goal posts with you. I just showed you that I was right, and it's your turn to concede.
But, but, but, what if the husband is like...a shapeshifter who is not actually her husband...and to escape being devoured by a monstrous alien beast...she HAS to divorce him? What about that, huh? :drool:

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:32 am

You know who's responsible for all the divorces?

apeman had it figured out... It's obvious:

Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.