Re: Women & Respect

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:01 am

Every. Bleepin'. Thread.

:roll:
Account abandoned.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Well, women voted for Trump, so they aren't all lost.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:02 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Well, women voted for Trump, so they aren't all lost.

I thought that was hilarious.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:21 pm

The guy who dumped his wife for a younger version. The irony.
:royalty-queen:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:12 pm

DrYouth wrote:But seriously, you haven't met women who earned your respect... and didn't claim more of it than they earned?
Not in a submit-or-conflict-testosterone-smell-in-the-air man's world. They are usually unaware it's even happening, and the ones that do don't know how to play.

I assume there are some in a Bell curve kind of way, and I may have met them & even "respected" them, but specifics don't come to mind.

p.s. There are other kinds of respect: intellectual, physical prowess, wisdom...
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:55 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
The guy who dumped his wife for a younger version. The irony.
Seeing as women initiate most divorces, it's probably not a big deal to them. Like no woman ever left her man for someone better looking or with more money.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:56 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
DrYouth wrote:But seriously, you haven't met women who earned your respect... and didn't claim more of it than they earned?
Not in a submit-or-conflict-testosterone-smell-in-the-air man's world. They are usually unaware it's even happening, and the ones that do don't know how to play.
You're telling me that women are failing to earn your respect in the arena of masculine conflict... ok.
But have any earned your respect in other areas of human interaction?
There are more dimensions to this world than the arena of masculine conflict... perhaps this is what you are missing when it comes to your understanding of women and respect.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:21 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
You're telling me that women are failing to earn your respect in the arena of masculine conflict... ok.
But have any earned your respect in other areas of human interaction?
There are more dimensions to this world than the arena of masculine conflict... perhaps this is what you are missing when it comes to your understanding of women and respect.
Or perhaps you are taking my use of the word "respect," the specific meaning I clearly elucidated, into other realms.

Men subordinate themselves voluntarily within the Hierarchy. Women, who are unaware that they usually have low status, can't understand why there aren't more of them at the top, and blame discrimination then insist on being inserted above men of far higher status. This is where they lose the respect I'm talking about.

p.s. My wife is awesome. In man terms, I'd say she'd kick your wife's ass: she's got 100 countries, skydived, scuba, pilot, etc., but her status is way below mine. Yet she does the driving, keeps the money, plans the trips, manages all events, had a long nursing career while raising a family virtually by herself. That's a whole 'nother kind of "respect."

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:30 pm

Martin Hash wrote: Or perhaps you are taking my use of the word "respect," the specific meaning I clearly elucidated, into other realms.

Men subordinate themselves voluntarily within the Hierarchy. Women, who are unaware that they usually have low status, can't understand why there aren't more of them at the top, and blame discrimination then insist on being inserted above men of far higher status. This is where they lose the respect I'm talking about.

p.s. My wife is awesome. In man terms, I'd say she'd kick your wife's ass: she's got 100 countries, skydived, scuba, pilot, etc., but her status is way below mine. Yet she does the driving, keeps the money, plans the trips, manages all events, had a long nursing career while raising a family virtually by herself. That's a whole 'nother kind of "respect."
Well, technically you didn't elucidate the term.
But I glean your meaning as status within the hierarchy of masculine dominance/submission.
Status gets renegotiated within every arena which you enter.
Your status may be very high in the court or hospital... this doesn't necessarily translate to the family supper table, church community or the neighborhood pub...
Your personal evaluation of your status may or may not confirm to your actual status.

That all being said, certainly your wife's status may be "way lower" than yours.

And if you chose a wife with such status... that was your prerogative.

Women can carry very high status... and certainly they often do within their extended family, local charity organization, church, workplace etc.
If you were looking for a wife who's status wasn't "way lower" certainly you could have sought one out.
Although they may or may not have accepted your courtship... that's another question entirely. ;)

As far as your wife kicking my wife's ass... my wife can defend herself and doesn't need me entering her in any horse races.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:40 pm

DrYouth wrote:As far as your wife kicking my wife's ass... my wife can defend herself and doesn't need me entering her in any horse races.
Dude, that was humor intended to introduce the counterpoint. You could have smiled to yourself or even offered a short funny rejoinder.

Here's the gist of the OP which you seem to be intentionally obtuse about (other posters in this thread get it). Testosterone gives men the advantage of aggression & competitiveness vs. women (in a general Bell Curve sense). We are immersed in it since childhood, royally kick-started in puberty, and finely honed during our formative years. (Some aren't, we men call them "pussies.") In most settings where women claim discrimination, they simply don't recognize they are out-testosteroned, but the men do.