Women & Respect

Smitty-48

Re: Women & Respect

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:06 am

Okeefenokee wrote:This shit's too easy. It's too easy to keep her happy. This shit's too easy.
It should be easy, why did you think it was going to be hard? Expecting a rocky marriage, were you?
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:47 am

Martin Hash wrote:Women claim respect they have not earned: they are protected as children by tattling; they are catered to by males seeking rut; they dream of being Disney princesses; and they are never fired in the crucible of 7th-Grade-Gym. Women are simply never participants in the cycle of brutality that form the social consciousness of men, which is where respect comes from.
Shit Marty.... are you saying NO women in your life have earned respect?
Damn... I'm sorry you haven't encountered any.
Also sorry about whatever happened to you in Grade 7 gym class... it must have been humiliating.

Respect does not arise from brutality... only fear does.
Fear can lead to a form of respect...

But true respect is earned by taking responsibility, and upholding it.
We can respect parents that we fear.... but only if they uphold their responsibility as parents.
If they ditch their responsibility ultimately we lose respect for those parents.

If we have brutal male friends, we might earn their respect through combat... but at the end of the day if they keep letting us down, we best walk away from friends who have not upheld their responsibility as friends.

Women earn their way in the pecking order through a different form of brutality than men... it is relational, rather than physical... but I understand it is no less harrowing.

Making your way to the top of any social hierarchy requires interpersonal skills of the highest magnitude... and certainly the losers fear the winners who hold considerable power in their world. But ultimately to climb to the very pinnacle requires the ability to take responsibility for your people. To be a true leader always involves responsibility and those who follow will reject a leader who doesn't take it.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:59 am

Dude, I can tell where you fall in the Hierarchy of Men: why would you go at me knowing how I can respond to hurt your feelings? I would think a shrink would be more self aware.

p.s. Remember our audience.
p.p.s. I rather like you.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:10 am

Aw shucks, I like you too Marty!

;)
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:10 am

DrYouth wrote:Aw shucks, I like you too Marty!

;)
That's better.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:46 am

Martin Hash wrote:
That's better.
But seriously, you haven't met women who earned your respect... and didn't claim more of it than they earned?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:56 am

I think what makes it difficult is how western women demand respect simply for being women. I see them demanding to be treated like "ladies" when the vast majority of them are nothing of the sort, and have no idea what it means to be a lady.

If we really want to implement true gender equality, then women need to earn respect no differently than men. However, if you treat women the same as you treat men, quite a lot of them will cry "misogyny".

I don't believe most women even realize what they ask for when they demand gender equality these days.

It's not that women are somehow incapable, but that our culture infantilizes them in so many ways, leading to a double standard, which incentivizes their embracing that infantilization.

For this suffrage experiment to work, women need to become equally responsible for themselves as men. Currently, when men fail, they get to live in a tent in the woods, or an alley, or whatever else. If they can't support their children, then the state takes custody of their children. When they do wrong, nobody makes excuses for it, and they have to face the consequences for those wrong decisions.

The worst thing about it is how so-called feminists today basically demand that we establish a patriarchy to protect their feelings from perceived slights, based on their feelings and subjective reactions to things. In the past, women were protected from society because society considered them as little more than adult children. We progressed beyond that, and gave women total freedom, and yet now feminists demand we regress to the point where institutions and society at large must re-establish that patriarchal protection from the bogeymen of all their most fantastical moral panics.

Lastly, nobody deserves respect. It's not something society or any particular member of society owes you. It's something you earn. I respect great leaders. I respect successful scientists and engineers. I respect the guy who can bench 400 lbs. There exists reasons for my respect. It's not something I owe anybody.

One might argue we owe one another courtesy. We owe good manners. But respect? Not really. Respect is by definition discriminatory.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:07 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:One might argue we owe one another courtesy. We owe good manners. But respect? Not really. Respect is by definition discriminatory.
+1 to this point...

I think most of your post is again aimed at what we have short formed as SJW culture in this forum...
Which is a form of entitlement against being offended which overreaches.

I don't think most women fall into this category. Women may be overrepresented in the "SJW" category, but it by no means includes most women in our culture.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:08 am

I think it depends upon age. I see more of it in younger women than older. I am not sure if it's just a development issue, where those younger women will become more self-actualized and independent as they grow older, or a generational thing where we are basically spiraling down the toilet. But it's definitely a thing.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:10 am

Speaking of respect, here is a feminist I can sort of respect who explains some of this better than I ever could.