Women & Respect

Martin Hash

Re: Women & Respect

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Grumps got it. Men get it.

Everyone does NOT deserve respect. If they are my ally, they have contracted my forebearance, and if they are my enemy, they can go to hell.

I also agree that women have their own respect rituals.

p.s. Hi, Ook.
p.p.s. Cid, say whatever?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:35 pm

I will.

I just won't call you a cuck, or a cook.

LVH2

Post by LVH2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:32 pm

Respect is a very fuzzy concept, obviously.

We often speak of respect for women. I think that means something like, 1 not being too chauvinistic and valuing their interests and moral standing. But also 2, recognizing that they have inherent value and face baked in difficulties and obligations.

There's not really such thing as respect for men, because a man is not much more than what he does, so he will be respected or not on those grounds alone. Therefore, the respect has a different character, and it is harder for a woman to obtain it.

But, of course a man can never obtain woman style respect.

A really blunt example might be danika Patrick, vs some random dude who started at square 1 and now wins nascar races.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:44 pm

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:10 pm

LVH2 wrote:We often speak of respect for women. I think that means something like, 1 not being too chauvinistic and valuing their interests and moral standing. But also 2, recognizing that they have inherent value and face baked in difficulties and obligations.
Women get respect if they stay within the constraints imposed by society. I get respect from society as a mother and as a wife automatically. My husband has to earn it. If I start acting like my husband, I become a bitch in the eyes of society and lose that automatic respect. The reality is that wife-and-mother respect has a ceiling, but achievement doesn't; therefore, my husband can earn more respect through achievement but I lose respect once I hit a certain achievement level (because you have to be a bitch to achieve that much). If you don't mind ceilings I guess it's not that bad, but it doesn't feel very good to be valued for something you are more than something you've done.
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:58 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
ooky wrote:Missing DSL, Martin?

What are you hoping to get out of a post like this? A widespread agreement that women are simply less-than in all ways that matter, aside from fuckability?

I could respond to a set of insights such as these with a lot of shade thrown at men and boys as a group, but what would be the point? In reality there are just as many individuals of both genders deserving of respect based on personal characteristics, and a good number of members of both genders who aren't.
Welcome to the forum, Ooky!! Glad you made it.

Most of the lower classes today have no concept of what the rest of us refer to as 'respect', instead using a simplistic version of the idea to represent 'humanity' (as hash put it). They simply operate in a different social world than we do. The mistake that Hashie made here was to imply that one was more 'female' and the other 'male'. The reality is that both genders do it, relative to their level of awareness and learning.

That said, women, for the most part, certainly have no concept of the social world that men live in. Ours is a world of constant Threat, Intimidation, and Comraderie, while women float through a different reality, with their own subtle competitions. Two worlds, two realities, overlapping in space and time.
Remember when you said people should be able to assault people that disrespected them? That's alive and well in the lower classes where you claim respect doesn't exist.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

LVH2

Post by LVH2 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:39 am

MilSpecs wrote:. If you don't mind ceilings I guess it's not that bad, but it doesn't feel very good to be valued for something you are more than something you've done.
I'm not sure.

Would danika really prefer to be struggling on the margins if her sport to being a famous millionaire?

How about this. A. A wealthy attractive man, who could have his pick, is smitten by your beauty. He meets and falls in love with you and you enjoy a life of luxury because you are that lovely, and he thinks you are special.

B. You start a business selling office supplies and grind your way to the top.

I think most women would prefer A.

There are some male versions. You are not a great or very hard working athlete. But, at 7 feet tall, you get a college scholarship. People give you money. Pretty girls approach you all the time. It's easy for you to get into clubs or invited to parties. People are generally nice to you. But they tend to assume you aren't a great student. Or when you say you are really good at talking to girls, they just laugh.

Don't sound too bad.

Your other points are legit, but also kind of unavoidable. The can be curtailed, but that's about it.

We treat women delicately all day. We spoil our wives on their birthday, which is language invented by women. We spend our own birthday attempting to behave in ways that will make them happy too.

Could go on forever. But you can't just forget it all. Even if you could, it would be a risk.

Look at how many reacted whenever hillary actually was treated like a man. And that's a 100 millionaire running for president.

House husbands will always be looked down on a bit, unless the do something else. For one thing, mama still made and nursed the baby.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:55 am

On my birthday, I'm a godking. She gets treated like a queen daily.

I get the better roll. I bring home four dollar flowers, and I'm husband of the year.

When my day comes around, I get lavished with thousands of dollars in loot. Godking for a day or queen for a year, I'm coming out ahead.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:32 am

My wife's the big shot high roller in the family, she carries herself like a boss, she is a boss, I'm just her security detail, mind you, in man's world, nobody ever fucks with me, whether they respect me, I couldn't care less, I know they fear me, I can smell their fear, and in man's world, that's good enough.

When it comes to yourself, all that matters is that you respect yourself, when it comes to other men, all that matters is that you have a plan to kill every one you meet, just in case.

That's not to say don't be charming, I am nothing if not charming, but the reality is, charm itself, is a kind of agression, a form of intimidation.

In a man's world, agression, is the coin of the realm, respect is neither here nor there.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:14 am

This shit's too easy. It's too easy to keep her happy.

She's all about making the house pretty. What do I gotta do? Grab a four dollar bundle of flowers and drive a few screws to hang some curtains, and I'm golden.

Easy peezy lemon squeezy. Hell, all I had to do was point out how much I could do with new set of bits, and wham bam thank you m'am, brand new set of drill bits under the tree.

I was helping out with some cleaning when I found one of my gifts under the bed. Wasn't even intentional, but that meant she had to go out and get me another gift. Whammo, new toolbox.

This shit's too easy.