Feminism

Okeefenokee

Re: Feminism

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:49 pm

This is known.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:51 pm

Think about this for a minute. In colonial America, I bet you women actually worked much harder than their husbands in cases where husbands were tradesmen or professionals. Especially professionals. Even a lawyer would have a family farm to provide most of his food and provide a surplus he could use for trade. But he was out practicing law all day. Who worked the farm but his wife and children? Meanwhile, she is birthing a baby about every 2 and a half years, nursing, raising the little ones, managing the household, doing all the household chores. That's in addition to the farming and all the small trades you know they had to market to the community to get shit done.

People look at the fact that there are hardly any female construction workers, lumberjacks, sailors, sanitation workers, etc. and just assume this is a natural division of gender roles. I completely reject that. I think history backs me up on this. The only reason women are not doing these things is because women want status and privilege, and those things don't provide it. If you go back in the past, I guarantee women could do work like that and probably did. If you are a frontier settler family, do you think wifey just sits back at the log cabin she watched you build while you cut down all the trees and drag the boulders out to create farm fields? Fuck no. She was out there doing the work alongside you.

And think about how destructive this has been to women; how fucking unbearable society must be to a woman who just wants to pursue her own agency.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Women working farms with men is known.

Women working a farm while her husband practiced law is not something I've ever heard of.

When tractors came along, farm wives had to work in ways they hadn't in the past. It's something you'd need to know about to understand. Farming implements had been developed so that a man could run them alone. This left his wife free to do other work.

The first tractors only replaced the horse with a tractor, but the tractor couldn't be commanded by voice like horses could, so the wife had to run the implement while the husband drove the tractor. The first farm tractors actually increased the needed hands, rather than decreasing them. This was a problem that hindered early tractor adoption.

Ferguson was the first to engineer tractor implements specifically made for tractors while everyone else was simple hooking up old horse implements to tractors. His rigid three point hitch system that again allowed a man to work his fields alone, while his wife managed other work, was what got him in with Ford.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:09 pm

AF12DD3D-0500-437A-BE3A-46913700E732.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:13 pm

^^^Predictable stupidity.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:43 am

Interesting interview with an aboriginal woman describing what life was like before contact.

Note that her mother and father would both go out to hunt together.

While there must be cultural differences between tribes regarding women and work, I suspect the idea that women and men had special and unique roles before civilization is total bullshit.

The only thing men likely did that women did not was organized warfare. But even there, individual violence was definitely engaged in by women. You can read about this in the book Before the Dawn.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:15 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:43 am
Interesting interview with an aboriginal woman describing what life was like before contact.

Note that her mother and father would both go out to hunt together.

While there must be cultural differences between tribes regarding women and work, I suspect the idea that women and men had special and unique roles before civilization is total bullshit.

The only thing men likely did that women did not was organized warfare. But even there, individual violence was definitely engaged in by women. You can read about this in the book Before the Dawn.
There's no way in hell Aborigines are Homo Sapiens
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:16 am

https://www.refinery29.com/2018/07/2039 ... ires-staff

Standard White Knight behavior. "Male Feminists" are creeps every time, all the time
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:49 am

California wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:16 am
https://www.refinery29.com/2018/07/2039 ... ires-staff

Standard White Knight behavior. "Male Feminists" are creeps every time, all the time
Lmao they sent the CEO a letter, asking him to quit. Then he fired their asses. That’s hilarious.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:31 am

That almost redeems him

Actually, I'm starting to like him just because he is successful at fleecing these she-beasts from their cash