Minimum Wage Sucks Because

Martin Hash

Re: Minimum Wage Sucks Because

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 02, 2017 6:35 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:So we all agree there should be some sensible rules regarding what counts as appropriate compensation... or is that already strangling the life out of the free market?
What rules? If you don't like the job, don't take it. However, differing from the Libertarians, The Social Safety Net, paid for out of the General Fund, is there to make sure you live a comfortable though possibly meager life. There are a whole lot of folks who just want to work their 8 & get high everyday.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue May 02, 2017 6:42 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:So we all agree there should be some sensible rules regarding what counts as appropriate compensation... or is that already strangling the life out of the free market?
What rules? If you don't like the job, don't take it. However, differing from the Libertarians, The Social Safety Net, paid for out of the General Fund, is there to make sure you live a comfortable though possibly meager life. There are a whole lot of folks who just want to work their 8 & get high everyday.
I am speaking more abstractly... I mean rules regarding what counts as compensation. Not going to get a lot of skrill for that modestly comfy social safety net if companies are paying the people who do work in coupons, for instance.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 02, 2017 6:48 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
I am speaking more abstractly... I mean rules regarding what counts as compensation. Not going to get a lot of skrill for that modestly comfy social safety net if companies are paying the people who do work in coupons, for instance.
So what if they pay in coupons? Don't take the job.

If the goal of the nation is to instill Work Ethic then the nation has to guarantee a job. Private sector jobs that pay in coupons may be more attractive to some people than collecting trash along the freeway, running a jackhammer to tear down an old neighborhood, or clearing brush in parks.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue May 02, 2017 6:52 am

Lovely, forced by the state to pick up trash or get paid in Camel Cash by the private sector where I get to maintain my freedom to quit and be forced to pick up trash by the state... for my 'work ethic.'

And this is better than full-blown, big-C Communism how exactly?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 02, 2017 7:01 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Lovely, forced by the state to pick up trash or get paid in Camel Cash by the private sector where I get to maintain my freedom to quit and be forced to pick up trash by the state... for my 'work ethic.'

And this is better than full-blown, big-C Communism how exactly?
Nailed it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue May 02, 2017 7:11 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Shit, since we have arbitrarily decided that a fiat currency that is constantly depreciating is the only possible way to think about compensation, why don't we just let the market dictate that a person works for nothing but a promissory note for board and some food at the company store. Maybe on holidays the boss will pass out some whiskey if you work real hard.

As long as it isn't 'collectivist.' God forbid workers own any of the capital built from their labor, might as well fire up the gulags amirite?
But have we really gotten past the "company store" mentality. Our whole country is a company store for the banks.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 02, 2017 7:15 am

No one can be forced to hire you but the State. Everybody has to pay for loafers, not just some poor guy with the ambition to start a business. If you want to be in charge & pay yourself in blowjobs, start your own damn business.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 02, 2017 7:19 am

Google is your friend. "Small businesses represent 99.7 percent of all employers."

Ma & Pa don't owe you mutterfukkers a living.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Tue May 02, 2017 8:54 am

Something to think about:

If you lowered/repealed the minimum wage, many people who are currently in high-density urban cities would be unable to afford to live there anymore.

They'd have to move to places with a lower cost of living, where you can pay the rent by working low-skilled jobs.

You know, the ultra blue cities that vote Democrat 90% of the time? Millions of the poorest of them will have to relocate, probably to a nearby red state since the COL is lowest there. I'd guess the Electoral College's map could look very differently after that sort of economic displacement.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue May 02, 2017 9:14 am

The beauty of a true liberty market means that people can choose any method they want to do business. If a group wants to form a collectivist co-op, then that's fine too.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session