Muslims

DrYouth

Re: Muslims

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:37 pm

Maybe...

Although it might impact productivity in the medium term.
That being said with automation increases, and driverless vehicles... the longterm will be an oversupply of labour regardless.
Last edited by DrYouth on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

boethius

Post by boethius » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:41 pm

There are 95 million Americans not in the labor force right now. That's like 3 Canadas worth of surplus labor just sitting idle.

There is ZERO economic justification--short or long term--for increasing immigration because of an imaginary labor shortage.

Would it be good to have rich, educated, Western-values assimilated immigrants come here and spend money and pay sales taxes? Sure. That's a few people and not the hordes of Syrian refugees or economic migrants flooding across the southern border.
Still got my foreskin thanks for asking. - Montegriffo.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Like I said... immigration isn't always the right thing.
And there is no human right to immigration.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:19 pm

I really don't get the sense that the left realize how much in recent months they have turned off most other people with this craziness.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I really don't get the sense that the left realize how much in recent months they have turned off most other people with this craziness.

That's a really bigoted and anti-woman video, dude. Pretty soon, the victims of that video are going to log on here and explain to you, in detail, how and why.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I really don't get the sense that the left realize how much in recent months they have turned off most other people with this craziness.

That's a really bigoted and anti-woman video, dude. Pretty soon, the victims of that video are going to log on here and explain to you, in detail, how and why.

Unless they are prettier than the woman in the video, they can speak to the hand.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:37 pm

I don't think most people have Muslim friends. I mean FRIENDS who will tell them like it is. My good friend, Mohammed el Sabbagh, is quite upfront with how he thinks about Western culture, and what's going to happen to it. He pulls no punches about Sharia Law, subjugation of women, death to those who leave Islam, etc. It's fuckin' scary.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:40 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I don't think most people have Muslim friends. I mean FRIENDS who will tell them like it is. My good friend, Mohammed el Sabbagh, is quite upfront with how he thinks about Western culture, and what's going to happen to it. He pulls no punches about Sharia Law, subjugation of women, death to those who leave Islam, etc. It's fuckin' scary.
Meh. You ain't so fucking special. You don't have a corner on the muslim "friends" market. All the ones I have know want to be American more than they want to be alive. That's the reason the anti-West is going to fizzle out.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:53 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Like by the end of the century where declining birth rates and open borders results in Germany being majority Muslim.

And does it really matter if they are not soon to become the majority in North America when you KNOW what will happen if (when) they do? There must have been some Algonquins who thought like you do too. "No worries, Running Bear, it's not like the white faces will outnumber us at least for two centuries".
What I agree with is that overestimating the rate at which foreign cultures acculturate to the dominant culture has been a problem in Europe. This has been a disservice to the social fabric of these countries and is can accurately be considered a failure of the state which the left is more responsible for than the right.

You Americans acculturated waves of Irish, Italian, Eastern Europeans... and this allowed the prosperity of your nation to accelerate and is the foundation of your spirit... but you seem to be reaching your limits.

So by all means slow down the immigration rate and let the acculturation process catch up.
Build your wall!

In Canada we are doing pretty well with acculturation although some might argue that... especially in rural areas. Like you our prosperity has been accelerated by acculturating waves of immigrants and blending cultures... French, English, German, Ukrainian, Irish, Loyalist Americans, etc.
We may have succeeded better than you at this enterprise.
Both Germany and France still have tiny populations of Muslims, still only around 5% in Germany. Many if not most of these Muslims have been there for generations as a by-product of their colonisations of countries like Turkey and Algeria. Talk of Muslims becoming majorities is disingenuous scaremongering and should be treated as such.
To claim centuries old "western culture" is at risk from these populations is disrespectful to countries like my own which have been built on influxes of foreign cultures such as the Celts, Romans, Vikings, Saxons, Normans,Indians,Caribbean etc......all of which have enriched the culture not destroyed it.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:26 pm

Certainly worrying about muslims becoming a majority in European countries is unwarranted. That being said Muslim immigrants have not been acculturated in France and other European countries and are experiencing exclusion which does them and the dominant culture little good. Allowing immigration at a higher rate than acculturation can proceed is not a good idea for either the immigrant or the dominant culture. In Canada acculturation seems to be proceeding fairly swiftly and we are experiencing little difficulty even with comparably large immigration relative to population.