Chinese New Year at the S.E.A. Aquarium

Martin Hash

Chinese New Year at the S.E.A. Aquarium

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:41 am

S.E.A. Aquarium 4.JPG
Singapore is an island, so naturally, they like their sea life. For example, waiting first in line to get into Universal studios, my wife, Gwynne & I, lucked into a Private VIP tour of the nearby South East Asia (S.E.A.) Aquarium, just us. It's also a museum & has a Tsunami movie. The young staff member guide apologized for the immense crowds, it being Chinese New Years and all, and there was so much noise I couldn't hear a thing he said, but he seemed inviting & sincere.
S.E.A. Aquarium 1.JPG
Of note, it was the largest aquarium we've ever seen, boasting 49 tanks, the largest of which was a whopping 18.2 million liters. They actually teach scuba diving in that tank during exhibition hours. There are 120 species, all of which they breed themselves. As VIPs we got access to the breeding areas. behind the cardkey doors, not a soul in sight, only the noise of aerators whining in the background. Odd ocean tidbit: "Sea Jellies" (Jelly fish) are the butterflies of the sea, both in appearance & reproductive cycle. Being a VIP in an aquarium also means you get your picture with dolphins.
Dolphin Island.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change