Pandamonium

Martin Hash

Pandamonium

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:52 pm

Pandas 8.jpg
I'm a big Theodore Roosevelt fan, and his eponymous association with the "Teddy" Bear has always been synonymous in my mind with Panda Bears. I also gained political awareness during the Nixon years of the early 1970s and Panda bears were a big part of his legacy of establishing diplomatic ties with China: Ming Ming & Ling Ling were huge celebrities in the U.S. and I always felt distress & sadness that they had no surviving offspring.
Panda Center.JPG
Panda Center 2.JPG
In preparing a list of the "must see" animals of the world, pandas is second only to gorillas as the most evocative & endearing. With that emphasis, my wife, Gwynne, and I visited the home of Giant Pandas, the famous city of Chengdu in Southern China, specifically the successful panda research, nursery & tourist attraction. Panda numbers have doubled to 2000 due to their breeding program started just two decades ago. The park was Disneyland busy; apparently pandas are very popular with lots of Chinese people. Panda souvenirs are big too, especially in the city, and a small child in a panda suit is possibly the third most endearing animal to see.
Panda.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change