Lima Zoo

Martin Hash

Lima Zoo

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:09 pm

Archeology small.jpg
I’ve been to lots of zoos but never before one integrated into an archaeological dig, and certainly not one with its own museums: mining, petroleum & history; like the Parque de las Leyendas in Lima, Peru. My wife, Gwynne, and my son, Haven, walked a little ahead of me because I had the video camera, and a couple time we got separated. In fact, my daughter, Heather, was also in the zoo someplace but we never caught up with each other until they booted us out.
Map.JPG
We didn't get to see all the animals because the little museums had to-die-for model dioramas, and the dog burial displays in the archaeology museum were facinating. There was also a lagoon, cactus trail, maze, and a botanical garden. (I didn’t know Peru is #1 in World for varieties of butterflies and fish.) I bought a little statue of a llama carrying minerals for my Man Cave where I keep all my travel mementos, and practiced Spanish by reading animal & habitat descriptions. (There’s a lot of weird words you only see in a zoo.) First Black/Spotted leopard mix, great llama/alpaca/vicuna/guanaco displays; uncommon native animals best seen in a local zoo. The whole Maya/Inca ruins vibe was truly unique.

Llama Statue.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change