Wisdom

Martin Hash

Wisdom

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:15 am

I was wondering about the unusually high number of people looking at my LinkedIn profile during an off-election year when I received an email that explained it: there’s a new social app coming along, called “Wisdom,” that asked me to be a mentor; apparently someone people can ask questions for others to pontificate about. But I wasn’t asked to be just any ol’ mentor: they wanted me to be a “Top Mentor.” Whatever that was, as the self-proclaimed, Wysest Myn in the Wyrld, I couldn’t resist signing up.

Webpage.JPG

There was a short FAQ and video. I had 2 minutes so I watched it: turns out, on Wisdom I can monetize my wysdom: getting paid in “MentorCoin” for the amount of time I was being wise as determined by a timer. That does leave the perception that nobody would pay me for my multiple doctorates, licenses, and vast knowledge in all things, but they would let me give it away… But I’m an optimist, and I chose to believe MentorCoin was like BitCoin and I was going to get rich: at least they rhyme?

MentorCoin.JPG

To be fair, young people no longer perceive success in knowledge & experience, only wealth & fame; as the world’s-only simultaneously licensed doctor, lawyer, accountant & engineer, I can attest to that; and people only listen to advice from someone the same age and gender as themselves, while Boomers, of which I’m one, already think they know everything, so my value isn’t that high.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Re: Wisdom

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:33 am

people no longer perceive success in knowledge & experience, only wealth & fame
True
The path to wealth & fame in the current world is through denigrating yourself. If you aren't willing to do that, it's very hard to achieve wealth and fame.

You can denigrate yourself in many ways, sex tape, be a baffoon on social media, sell out as a politician, etc. Your frustration with not gaining fame has to do with your refusal to denigrate yourself.

But, I'd love to see you on this Wisdom thing. Your influence with people searching for answers can only help.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:37 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:33 am
But, I'd love to see you on this Wisdom thing. Your influence with people searching for answers can only help.
Well, if you want a private session you know where to go.
Reach for that wallet, wisdom ain't free!
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:38 am

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:37 am
C-Mag wrote:
Well, if you want a private session you know where to go.
Reach for that wallet, wisdom ain't free!
:lol:
Right, turns out you don't grow up with a grumpy old man in your life you have to pay for the shit you used to get for free over a few beers.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:04 am

They could always just come to the MHF kitchen and see the wisdom get cooked up first hand.
:twisted:

But few modern people have the stones for it I guess.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:53 am

C-Mag wrote:
people no longer perceive success in knowledge & experience, only wealth & fame
True
The path to wealth & fame in the current world is through denigrating yourself. If you aren't willing to do that, it's very hard to achieve wealth and fame.

You can denigrate yourself in many ways, sex tape, be a baffoon on social media, sell out as a politician, etc. Your frustration with not gaining fame has to do with your refusal to denigrate yourself.

Attention is the new hard currency. It's what everyone wants and something you can't artificially inflate easily. A lot of people give it away for free, but that won't last. Trying to get people to pay to spend it is a sure sign you are out of sync with the world. It has to be something fantastic for that to work.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck