VHS

Martin Hash

VHS

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:23 pm

Telepresence VHS Tape s.jpg

I made a live-action movie back in the day: “Telepresence.” It was a bad movie but that didn’t make it any easier or cheaper to make. I’ve got excuses but being young (35) and naive is the best one. That’s not to say nobody watched the movie; it played in a theater in the U.S. and many overseas, plus I sold and gave away thousands of copies; and I went to Cannes with it and got many distributors; it was reviewed in several industry magazines, and I was featured in the local newspapers; 1st page above the fold. Just because I lost most of the money I spent on it doesn’t mean I’m not proud that I made it. In fact, I made 2 more (3D-animated) movies after that, and several shorts. What’s notable about the movie was that it came out on VHS and was carried in Video stores. (Many young people have no idea what I’m talking about.)

VHS s.jpg

VHS tapes were cool. When my kids were 2-years old, they could already pop a tape into the recorder and endlessly loop on Sesame Street; best baby-sitter ever. Nostalgically, I kept all my VHS tapes from those days, and use them as decor in my Media room.

Dan Kinmen.JPG

I’ve met other people who feel the same way about VHS tapes. In fact, the other day I got a Friend request on Facebook on my political page from someone I didn’t know, Dan Kinem, 1350 W. 29th St., Erie, PA 16508. Immediately after adding him, he posted that he had a film festival called VHShitShow and did I have an old Telepresence tape I could send him? It’d been 25 years since that’d come out but, yes indeed, I did have an old tape, and I sent it to him, gratis. His ebullient thanks, plus the fact that some audience somewhere would see my work, even if it was in jest, was payment enough.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hastur

Re: VHS

Post by Hastur » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:10 am

Cool. Here is the IMDb entry.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0316738/

3 User Reviews.

About this:

Is that this one?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheReal_ND

Re: VHS

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:23 am

Is this like Videodrome?