Jordan Peterson

C-Mag

Re: Jordan Peterson

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Kath wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:00 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:29 pm

We've been good on the fry stealing for a long time.
We never get more than one order of fries, since one order of fries is usually enough for 6-10 people. Nerd has no issue with us sharing fries. Most restaurants are now putting way too much food on a plate. I'd rather pay less and get less food. Chances of leftovers going directly from fridge to garbage are high.
The volume of food is not the issue. But I agree with you. We rarely get fries anymore.

The issue, which is likely true of both males and females is pushing the other to see what you can get away with, especially early in a relationship.

I know you've witnessed couples where a woman won't order item X, but then takes it from the guy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:20 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:04 pm

The issue, which is likely true of both males and females is pushing the other to see what you can get away with, especially early in a relationship.

I know you've witnessed couples where a woman won't order item X, but then takes it from the guy.
People who don't take the time to find out the other's pet peeves have a hard time making the relationship work. Questions like, "does it bother you when?" are very important early on. The person who is answering the question has to be honest, though, with the reply.

12 years in, we are now dealing with "does it bother you when I sing off-key using the wrong words & wrong melody of a song?" My answer is yes, yes it does bother me. It bothers me quite a bit actually. He does it anyway. lol. Maybe he's feeling too secure? Hmmmm...
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:26 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:58 am
That's an ass-whoopin'. This is how to handle public debate.

???
What was the insult and where was the ass whooping?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:58 pm

To be fair, you have to be very high in the dominance hierarchy to understand Jordan Peterson. He is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of psychology most of the truths will go over a typical listener's head. There's also Peterson's non-nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Jungian literature, roughly speaking. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these truths, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Jordan Peterson truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in his existential catchphrase "Clean Your Room," which itself is a cryptic reference to Dostoevsky's Russian epic The Brothers Karamazov. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated post-modernists scratching their heads in confusion as JBP's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What Neo-Marxists... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Jordan Peterson tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they've climbed the dominance hierarchy.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:04 pm

So, what youre saying is.. Jordan Peterson is the next Rick and Morty.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:00 am

Peterson Book.jpg
Peterson Autograph.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:41 am

When will his popularity backfire? I hope he doesn't burnout too fast. Its impressive he's been off his meds for a while since his crazy diet change a year ago.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:18 am

Since virtually everyone else is a coward, it could be awhile before there's someone to take his place. (I'll do it when I get famous.)

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:35 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:58 pm
To be fair, you have to be very high in the dominance hierarchy to understand Jordan Peterson. He is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of psychology most of the truths will go over a typical listener's head. There's also Peterson's non-nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Jungian literature, roughly speaking. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these truths, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Jordan Peterson truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in his existential catchphrase "Clean Your Room," which itself is a cryptic reference to Dostoevsky's Russian epic The Brothers Karamazov. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated post-modernists scratching their heads in confusion as JBP's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What Neo-Marxists... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Jordan Peterson tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they've climbed the dominance hierarchy.
I'm considering an Alexei Fyodorovich tat myself.

Has JP commented on Dostoevsky? Seems like a natural. I haven't had time to see much other than his recent interviews with morons like in the above youtube.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:44 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:35 am
Has JP commented on Dostoevsky? Seems like a natural.
Of course.